- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 6 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 6 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 6 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 6 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 6 days ago
- SOMHA Bantams have qualified to compete in provincial championship tournamentPosted 6 days ago
- Posse won’t go down without a fight in opening round series against CoyotesPosted 6 days ago
- Rogers will hold public meeting in Osoyoos over cellphone towerPosted 6 days ago
- Alberta horse owner/trainer brings huge stable of 60 horses to train at Desert ParkPosted 6 days ago
- Hockey Canada’s top brass visiting town this week to review acclaimed academyPosted 6 days ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!