- New human-caused wildfire east of Osoyoos Lake angers mayor, residentsPosted 14 hours ago
- Drunk driving impact made real as OSS students hear from paralyzed man who killed friendPosted 14 hours ago
- Washington State to maintain Osoyoos Lake summer level below the maximum allowedPosted 15 hours ago
- ‘Frumpy’ Oxbows kiosk to get ‘fabulous’ makeoverPosted 15 hours ago
- Ex-teacher pleads guilty to theft from fire districtPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos real estate market heats upPosted 1 week ago
- OBWB lobbies province, feds for action on musselsPosted 1 week ago
- Controlled burn on Osoyoos Indian Band land didn’t pose fire threatPosted 1 week ago
- Council approves deal with province to access $227K in resort municipality funding this springPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos RCMP investigate rash of trailer break-insPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!