- Suspicious package caused closure of Osoyoos RCMP detachment on WednesdayPosted 6 days ago
- Strike continues as Sept. 2 date for school return nearsPosted 6 days ago
- Province, feds’ inaction on invasive mussels frustrates local water officialsPosted 6 days ago
- Nominations open soon for November municipal electionsPosted 6 days ago
- Province’s plan for Grist Mill sets off alarm bellsPosted 6 days ago
- Great teamwork cited by Anarchist Mountain fire chief for bringing brush fire quickly under controlPosted 6 days ago
- New vice principal announced at Osoyoos Elementary SchoolPosted 6 days ago
- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!