- Osoyoos couple announces intentions to run in upcoming municipal electionPosted 9 hours ago
- Osoyoos’ Pederson has no illusions of becoming mayor, but running anywayPosted 9 hours ago
- Ombudsperson office coming to Osoyoos to hear complaintsPosted 9 hours ago
- Paddleboard business alleges harassment by competitorPosted 16 hours ago
- Teachers’ strike finally resolvedPosted 2 days ago
- Report raises questions about Desert Park’s futurePosted 1 week ago
- Officers for new jail soon to be hiredPosted 1 week ago
- Mount Baldy has plans for December opening, but local investor still neededPosted 1 week ago
- Education minister rejects BCTF’s call for binding arbitrationPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!