- Winemakers hope weather stays warm to complete exceptional harvest yearPosted 3 hours ago
- NDP contenders take aim at Harper as Maximenko calls for criminal charges against PMPosted 3 hours ago
- Retired community volunteer announces intentions to seek council seat once againPosted 4 hours ago
- Municipal delegates at UBCM want province to resume talks to establish national parkPosted 4 hours ago
- Province tight-lipped on access to Haynes Point ParkPosted 13 hours ago
- Tragic accident claims life of young Quebec man at Osoyoos packing housePosted 18 hours ago
- Osoyoos couple cuts power bills with solar panelsPosted 1 week ago
- OSS makes up for days lost to strikePosted 1 week ago
- Town takes quest for national park to B.C. municipal conferencePosted 1 week ago
- Okanagan representatives to meet with province about invasive mussel threatPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!