- Kidney transplant takes place a day before World Kidney DayPosted 5 days ago
- Desert Live Music Festival won’t run this yearPosted 5 days ago
- Silent during off-road meeting, environmentalists now speaking up about damage caused by ATVsPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake level rising again with change of seasonPosted 5 days ago
- BCFGA shares its concerns after federal government approves controversial Arctic Apple for sale in CanadaPosted 5 days ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!