- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 21 hours ago
- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 21 hours ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 21 hours ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 21 hours ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 21 hours ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 21 hours ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 22 hours ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!