- Shirtless, shoeless suspect flees before RCMP arrest him near downtown OsoyoosPosted 19 hours ago
- Wells admits to ‘boneheaded mistake’ in removing signs from private property last summerPosted 1 day ago
- Candidate forum set for Oct. 29 at OSSPosted 1 day ago
- Greg Norton rejects conflict of interest claimPosted 1 day ago
- NDP calls for return to National Park talksPosted 1 day ago
- Federal NDP picks Dick Cannings as local candidatePosted 1 day ago
- Cougars again sighted in Osoyoos, one shot, public warnedPosted 2 days ago
- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 1 week ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 1 week ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!