- Early morning fire causes extensive damage at Kobau Lanes and Vengeance FitnessPosted 14 hours ago
- Missing man believed drowned in Osoyoos LakePosted 2 days ago
- Feds looked at using B.C. grazing laws in national parkPosted 2 days ago
- Man who claims he was framed by RCMP constable casts wide net in civil lawsuitPosted 2 days ago
- Graduating OSS students offered advice on living the rest of their livesPosted 2 days ago
- Milfoil growth four to six weeks early this yearPosted 2 days ago
- RCMP arrest accused child molester near OsoyoosPosted 1 week ago
- Horse racing dates at Desert Park now confirmedPosted 1 week ago
- Premier Clark gets earful on national parkPosted 1 week ago
- Action-packed Wednesday planned for Cherry FiestaPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!