- Sockeye salmon recreational fishery opens July 31Posted 23 hours ago
- Federal Conservatives pick Neufeld, Liberals nominate DenesiukPosted 23 hours ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 5 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 6 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 6 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!