- Osoyoos hosts major water forums next weekPosted 3 days ago
- RCMP constable still collecting salary more than two years after suspensionPosted 3 days ago
- Missing man found dead; vehicle plunged down cliffPosted 4 days ago
- Conservative Neufeld closing gap on NDP’s Cannings in latest pollPosted 1 week ago
- Ex-councillor and wife hope town will welcome refugee familyPosted 1 week ago
- Green candidate Samantha Troy stepped up when no one else wouldPosted 1 week ago
- Two independent candidates use election to put forward their unconventional ideasPosted 1 week ago
- Chance of a ski season at Baldy ‘very precarious,’ says company that stepped in to run it last yearPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!