- Skiing returns to BaldyPosted 6 days ago
- Council takes step in possible airport closurePosted 6 days ago
- Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons latest break-in victimsPosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos man and woman in custody after stolen property foundPosted 6 days ago
- Airport committee urges council to keep facility open and support expansion planPosted 6 days ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!