- Salmon run faces catastrophe this yearPosted 5 days ago
- Sighs of relief as Teneycke capturedPosted 5 days ago
- Two female members of Delta family sent to hospital after collision on Osoyoos LakePosted 6 days ago
- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 2 weeks ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!