- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 4 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 4 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 1 week ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 1 week ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!