- New poll won’t change MLA Larson’s opposition to national parkPosted 2 days ago
- MLA Larson wants Osoyoos Desert Centre to be nominated as UNESCO World Heritage SitePosted 2 days ago
- Work set to begin on road resurfacing along Highway 97 from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 days ago
- New poll shows jump in support for national parkPosted 1 week ago
- Talks aim to save Home Building CentrePosted 1 week ago
- B.C.’s mussel program called a ‘good start,’ but OBWB still wants inspection stationsPosted 1 week ago
- Crime sees sharp rise in Osoyoos this year, but not as big as in other Okanagan communitiesPosted 1 week ago
- This year’s sockeye run could match 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Smuggling suspects arrested, 3 lbs. of cocaine seizedPosted 2 weeks ago
- OIB Chief Clarence Louie delivers blunt talk to Osoyoos RotariansPosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!