- Water shortages and conservation remain a hot topicPosted 2 days ago
- With or without Mt. Baldy, Osoyoos has great winter potential, says DO managerPosted 2 days ago
- Five-person ‘focus group’ picked by MLA to review input on national park futurePosted 2 days ago
- Cast and crew rave about three weeks spent in Osoyoos shooting TV moviePosted 1 week ago
- Public’s help sought to identify burglars at Dairy Queen, Campo MarinaPosted 1 week ago
- Refugee project launches fundraising campaignPosted 1 week ago
- Cash donations especially welcome as food bank gets ready to deliver annual Christmas hampersPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos pays tribute to veterans and fallen comradesPosted 1 week ago
- Town of Osoyoos is asked to be part of proposed Regional Heritage CommissionPosted 1 week ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!