- OES students tackle schoolyard dog poop problemPosted 4 days ago
- GMO foods dangerous, pervasive, former federal scientists tell forumPosted 4 days ago
- Former Stockwell Day assistant Neufeld will seek federal Conservative nominationPosted 4 days ago
- Christmas Lite-Up events feature Santa Parade and entertainmentPosted 4 days ago
- Vancouver pharmaceutical company applies for license to operate commercial medical pot facility in OsoyoosPosted 4 days ago
- School support staff prepared to walk picket lines starting Tuesday morningPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos stores open, close, move, change handsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Travel writer names Okanagan as world’s top wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Local leaders respond with caution to possible changes to modernize Agricultural Land CommissionPosted 2 weeks ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!