- School board appoints new principalsPosted 2 days ago
- For independent candidate Dr. Peter Entwistle, all politics is about healthPosted 3 days ago
- Recent rainfall breaking some daily recordsPosted 5 days ago
- Group proposes walk-in clinic at DO officesPosted 5 days ago
- Stuck in water at nightfall in lion country – Osoyoos Rotarians have wild adventures on visit to South African development projectPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATED: Three board members resign from South Okanagan Chamber of CommercePosted 5 days ago
- New 10-year lease gives Keremeos Grist Mill stabilityPosted 5 days ago
- Sun shines on 23rd Easter EggstravaganzaPosted 5 days ago
BANNING BOATS ON OSOYOOS LAKE WILL TAKE LIFE OUT OF THIS TOWN
I am writing in response to the letters in this week and last week’s paper regarding the suggestion of banning boats on Osoyoos Lake.
I moved here 10 years ago with my family from Calgary.
I have been coming to Osoyoos since 1966 – first with my parents and then with my own family.
In 2002 I decided to buy a house and relocated my family and my business to Osoyoos. I was lucky at that time to purchase waterfront property.
There was a reason for this. I love the water and love boating.
I do not agree that boats should be banned from this lake. Maybe the huge ones, but not regular speed boats.
The lake is the major draw for people coming here every summer to enjoy themselves. Do you want to kill off this town completely?
If you take the boats out of the lake you will take the life out of Osoyoos!