- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire expands to north leading to increased evacuation alert areaPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos senior, little dog scarred in vicious pit bull attackPosted 5 days ago
- Thick smoke from U.S. hampers efforts to fight local firesPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos residents can assist fire victims at community BBQ or donations at local banksPosted 5 days ago
- Cameron McRae, ‘well-known to police,’ convicted for possessing stolen propertyPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire grows to 2,500 hectares, but is now 50 per cent containedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wildfires rage in every direction – A week to rememberPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province re-opens door to national park reserve, inviting public comment on ‘intentions paper’Posted 2 weeks ago
- National park supporters thrilled with province’s announcement; opponents less pleased with planPosted 2 weeks ago
- Determined Idaho couple successful in helping find missing man during return trip to OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
The Okanagan International Chorus invites you to their Annual Spring Concert on Friday, May 10 at 7 p.m. at the Osoyoos Mini Theater or at theFreeMethodistChurchin Oroville on Saturday, May 11 at 2 p.m. Free admission, our gift to you!
DesertParkfundraiser for the horse races. Pub Night at the Sage Pub. $20 incl. a burger and drink. May 11 at 6:30 p.m. Food, drinks & music by Wine It Up. A new sound from Oliver! Please come and support this event so we can bring racing back to Osoyoos.
De-Clutter For a Cause! The community is encouraged to take part in the National Garage Sale For Shelter by donating gently used items to the Royal LePage Desert Oasis Realty office located at8512 Main St.(call ahead for larger items) and joining us in support on May 11.
Try your hand at panning for gold on May 16 and 18 with our Kinross instructor. In the first class you will learn what to do; in the second class you will do it at the SimilkameenRiver. Call Ellen at 509-476-2011, email@example.com or www.northvalleycommunityschools.com to register.
May 16 – 18 Penticton Trade and Convention Center, 373 Power St, Penticton, BC Quilt BC 2013, featuring the best quilts in Canada, along with other exhibits and a merchant mall. Open Thur. 10 – 5:30, Fri. 10 – 6, Sat. 10 – 5. Everyone is welcome.
Beyond Beauty presents “Spark your Beauty” an evening spa social with partial proceeds going to the Osoyoos Fireworks. May 22 from 6 – 8 p.m. There will be different treatment stations, testers. Great snacks and refreshments! 50/50. Tickets $10 and available at Beyond Beauty #6 – 6511 Main St., Osoyoos.
The Osoyoos BMX Club is planning to resurrect the BMX Track located behind the tennis courts besideOSS. We will be working on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26. We will start at 8 a.m. on Saturday and will work until about 3 p.m.
Accessorize! May 29 at Watermark from 6 – 9 p.m. Bring a gently used handbag and exchange it for a new gently used one for $10.Tickets are $25 include a glass of wine and door prize entry. Available at JoJo’s, Imperial Office. All proceeds toDesertSunCounselling & ResourceCenter.
The Desert Park Derby Night fundraiser tickets are now on sale. This event is on June 7 at the Watermark Beach Resort. Tickets are $50 and available at the Osoyoos Times. Price includes a dinner, dance, auction and a mini horse race. Call Carol at 250-485-2238 to purchase a horse.
Sign Language Interest Group (drop in). Free for adults/teens. Mondays from 7 – 8 p.m. at theSonoraCommunity Centre. Everyone welcome!
Mother’s Day fundraiser. What’s the Buzzzz? Support bees (and OSS Global Awareness Club) & buy a pot of 4 sunflower seedlings for the ‘Queen Bee’ in your hive! $5 preorder & sales at Yore Movie Store.
Osoyoos Market-On-Main is looking for Saturday vendors from May – Sept. from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. Products with that homemade touch including farm products, baking and prepared foods, quality handicrafts, paintings, pottery, ceramics and jewellery. Call Jessie 250-495-3557 fax 250-495-3512 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All past Royalty are invited to this year’s Miss Osoyoos pageant on June 30 and the Cherry Fiesta/Canada Day Parade on July 1 to help us celebrate 65 years of Cherry Fiesta! Please RSVP to Cathie Baskett as soon as possible at 250-495-5174 or email@example.com. We need numbers please.
Fundraising for the Osoyoos Fireworks will start on Monday, May 13 and either Etta-Mae Pratt or Annette Star will be visiting the businesses in Osoyoos for their support.