- McKortoff wins landslide becoming first female mayor in Osoyoos’ historyPosted 1 day ago
- Residents vote ‘yes’ to new fire hallPosted 1 day ago
- Provincial finance committee calls for new talks on national park in South OkanaganPosted 1 day ago
CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS IN OSOYOOS FOR DAFFODIL CAMPAIGN
The Canadian Cancer Society is actively recruiting leadership volunteers for the 2013 Daffodil Campaign in Osoyoos.
April is Daffodil Month and we need community leaders to provide support organizing and executing Daffodil campaign events. Planning has already started and any additional exposure you are able to provide is very much appreciated.
As you know, approximately one in four people will be diagnosed with cancer, which translates to approximately 23,300 British Columbians.
By supporting the Canadian Cancer Society community outreach and fundraising campaigns, donors and volunteers make it possible for those who are diagnosed to:
- Access the CCS Financial Support Program to cover the cost of travel and accommodation for cancer treatments and medications not covered by MSP.
- Stay at Cancer Lodges located in Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria and Prince George (opening in January 2013).
- Attend Camp Good Times, a camp for children who have had cancer and their siblings.
- Support ongoing research into cancer causes and the development of improved diagnostics and treatments.
- Facilitate continued community outreach to educate and promote healthy lifestyles and advocate for legislative changes to minimize exposure to carcinogenic agents.
The Canadian Cancer Society is a volunteer-driven organization with more than 15,000 volunteers located throughout the province. Without volunteer support, we wouldn’t be able to provide the support services and programs that we do. Thanks to everyone for supporting us.
Volunteer engagement co-ordinator
Canadian Cancer Society