- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 4 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 4 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 1 week ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 1 week ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
Desert Live brings eclectic sounds to Gyro Park
Sometimes the sun shone beautifully. At other times, the audience at Osoyoos’ first Desert Live Music Festival was soaked by rain.
Just as the weather changed from sunny to rain, the eclectic music itself varied greatly in quality. Some performers such as Nelson rocker Shawn Hook and Kelowna electric bluesman Poppa Dawg delivered first-class performances. Others should probably not have been hired.
For the King had to be removed from the stage on Sunday afternoon, with local singer-songwriter Kansas-Lee being called up to fill their spot.