- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 4 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 4 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
FARM LABOUR ORGANIZATION HAS NEW NAME, NEW CHAIR
I would like to give an update to all our community members on activities following the Action Planning Forum regarding seasonal farm labour issues held in Oliver on November 20, 2012.
The Steering Committee has a new name: Farm And Community Team Okanagan Similkameen (FACTOS). Our Mission Statement is: “Promoting community spirit and economic vitality for a healthy seasonal workforce.”
We are pleased to announce that Arlene Arlow, Councillor for the Village of Keremeos, has agreed to chair the committee. Although the funding is in place until the end of March 2013, we hope that continued funding can be secured because the issues are both economic and cultural and will continue beyond March, 2013.
Our next meeting is on Friday, January 11, 2013 from 10:00 am to noon in Penticton. We are still looking for volunteers who want to share their experience through either of our sub-committees: accommodation, transportation, cross-cultural education, labour and remuneration and safety and security.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Farm And Community Team Okanagan Similkameen (FACTOS) contact information: Phone: 250-493-6822, ext. 109 or toll-free at 1-866-493-6822.
Farm And Community