- Sockeye surging past Zosel Dam in Oroville as cooler temperatures encourage migrationPosted 2 days ago
- Rain provides lull, but wildfire risk likely to returnPosted 2 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 4 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 4 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 2 weeks ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 2 weeks ago
Former DO board member applauds council for signing economic development agreement
I read with interest your reporting on the, soon to be finalized, contract between the Town of Osoyoos and Destination Osoyoos.
The agreement will cover a five-year period and will concentrate on economic development.
Having been involved at the board level of DO for many of the years when the previous working relationship with the town covered economic development, I for one would have wished that this could have happened sooner.
None the less, the mayor and council are to be commended that they recognize the critical need to our community to provide a professional well planned proactive approach to economic development in our town.
While the numbers reported for expenses including remuneration are quite modest, it is an important beginning.
Thank you for allowing me to write about this issue.