- Great teamwork cited by Anarchist Mountain fire chief for bringing brush fire quickly under controlPosted 1 day ago
- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 3 days ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 3 days ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 3 days ago
- Sockeye recreational quota increases to four and will run to after Labour DayPosted 3 days ago
- RCMP commander Sgt. Kevin Schur is moving on to Kelowna-based training jobPosted 3 days ago
Former DO board member applauds council for signing economic development agreement
I read with interest your reporting on the, soon to be finalized, contract between the Town of Osoyoos and Destination Osoyoos.
The agreement will cover a five-year period and will concentrate on economic development.
Having been involved at the board level of DO for many of the years when the previous working relationship with the town covered economic development, I for one would have wished that this could have happened sooner.
None the less, the mayor and council are to be commended that they recognize the critical need to our community to provide a professional well planned proactive approach to economic development in our town.
While the numbers reported for expenses including remuneration are quite modest, it is an important beginning.
Thank you for allowing me to write about this issue.