- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 3 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 3 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 1 week ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 1 week ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
FORTISBC DEFENDS UTILITY’S SMART METERS APPLICATION PROCESS
In your January 16 edition of your newspaper, you published a letter expressing concerns regarding “smart meters” including perceived health risks.
FortisBC has proposed the installation of advanced meters for its electric customers; however, with regard to human assessments of human safety, FortisBC relies upon the judgment of our public health institutions that regularly review relevant scientific literature. These institutions include the BC Ministry of Health and Health Canada.
In addition, FortisBC is going through a public and transparent regulatory process with the BC Utilities Commission regarding its proposed Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project. This process includes input from customers, including those who have health concerns. Ultimately, the Commission will weigh the evidence and decide whether or not FortisBC can proceed with this project.
Customers wanting more information on our project or to view the expert statements from the public health officials mentioned above can visit fortisbc.com/ami. For more information on the BCUC regulatory process, including extensive evidence regarding the proposed project, please visit bcuc.com.
Director of Customer Service