- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 2 days ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 3 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 6 days ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 6 days ago
UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and Greenwood
UPDATE: 10:44 a.m. Wednesday: Travel advisory is lifted between Anarchist Summit and Greenwood, but watch for changing conditions.
UPDATE: 9:37 a.m. Wednesday: Traffic is open to one lane with alternating direction at the location of the accident near the Mount Baldy turnoff.
Freezing rain and icy conditions have closed Highway 3 west of Rock Creek and a travel advisory is in effect for the stretch of highway between Anarchist Summit and Paulson Pass.
Highway 3 is closed, as of 9:13 a.m. Wednesday morning, in both directions 20 km west of Rock Creek close to the Mount Baldy turnoff because of an accident involving a semi-trailer.
No detour is available in the area, says DriveBC.
An estimated time of opening was not available at 9 a.m. on Wednesday.
The travel advisory due to freezing rain affects Highway 3 between Anarchist Summit and the Nancy Green Highway 3B junction.
Travellers are advised to exercise caution when travelling and to consider alternate plans.