- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 5 days ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 5 days ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 5 days ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Firefighters contain wildfire west of OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
Legendary divas will be on stage for full house Saturday at Legion
How often do you get to see legendary divas like Cher, Marilyn Monroe, Tina Turner, Celine Dion, Bette Midler, Mae West, Madonna and Lady Gaga on the same stage?
The answer is never, but Vancouver’s Bonnie Kilroe gives you the next best thing when she impersonates all of above – and more – during her Divas: Vegas Meets Vaudeville show, which is coming to the Royal Canadian Legion in Osoyoos on Saturday night.
Kilroe returns after playing to a sold-out audience at the Osoyoos Legion last year, when she brought her Country Queens show to town and did spot-on impersonations of country music legends like Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.
“She puts on an incredible show and she’s an amazing singer and impersonator,” said Rusty Copeland, the entertainment director for the Royal Canadian Legion in Osoyoos, who booked Kilroe’s return engagement several months ago.
“We had a sellout crowd last year and we’re going to have another sell out this time as there are only a few tickets left.”
Kilroe’s Country Queens show included 10 costume changes throughout the evening and her Divas performance will include close to 20, said Copeland.
“She loves to go out into the audience and she loves pulling people from the audience up on stage,” said Copeland. “She puts on a wonderful show and everyone at last year’s show just loved her and we’re very happy to bringing her back.”
Tickets for Saturday night’s show are $20 in advance and can be purchased at the bar at the Legion.
If there are any tickets left for Saturday night, they will be $25 at the door.