- Candidate forum set for Oct. 29 at OSSPosted 6 hours ago
- Greg Norton rejects conflict of interest claimPosted 6 hours ago
- NDP calls for return to National Park talksPosted 6 hours ago
- Federal NDP picks Dick Cannings as local candidatePosted 6 hours ago
- Cougars again sighted in Osoyoos, one shot, public warnedPosted 15 hours ago
- Cougars again seen in Osoyoos, one shot; public warnedPosted 16 hours ago
- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 1 week ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 1 week ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 1 week ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 1 week ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.