- School board appoints new principalsPosted 2 days ago
- For independent candidate Dr. Peter Entwistle, all politics is about healthPosted 3 days ago
- Recent rainfall breaking some daily recordsPosted 4 days ago
- Group proposes walk-in clinic at DO officesPosted 4 days ago
- Stuck in water at nightfall in lion country – Osoyoos Rotarians have wild adventures on visit to South African development projectPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATED: Three board members resign from South Okanagan Chamber of CommercePosted 4 days ago
- New 10-year lease gives Keremeos Grist Mill stabilityPosted 4 days ago
- Sun shines on 23rd Easter EggstravaganzaPosted 4 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.