- Winemakers hope weather stays warm to complete exceptional harvest yearPosted 7 hours ago
- NDP contenders take aim at Harper as Maximenko calls for criminal charges against PMPosted 8 hours ago
- Retired community volunteer announces intentions to seek council seat once againPosted 8 hours ago
- Municipal delegates at UBCM want province to resume talks to establish national parkPosted 8 hours ago
- Province tight-lipped on access to Haynes Point ParkPosted 17 hours ago
- Tragic accident claims life of young Quebec man at Osoyoos packing housePosted 22 hours ago
- Osoyoos couple cuts power bills with solar panelsPosted 1 week ago
- OSS makes up for days lost to strikePosted 1 week ago
- Town takes quest for national park to B.C. municipal conferencePosted 1 week ago
- Okanagan representatives to meet with province about invasive mussel threatPosted 1 week ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.