- Heat ends Coyotes’ season with impressive 3-1 victory to complete miraculous series comebackPosted 13 hours ago
- Larson takes dig at Ross for her children born out of B.C. as candidates read talking points at forumPosted 22 hours ago
- Chase ties game in final second, then beats Coyotes again in overtime, forcing fifth gamePosted 3 days ago
- After painful three-year wait, local man at last to get his hip operationPosted 3 days ago
- Larson floats Osoyoos-Oliver amalgamation at seniors’ candidate forum dominated by health issuesPosted 4 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.