- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 2 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 2 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 2 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 2 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 2 days ago
- SOMHA Bantams have qualified to compete in provincial championship tournamentPosted 2 days ago
- Posse won’t go down without a fight in opening round series against CoyotesPosted 2 days ago
- Rogers will hold public meeting in Osoyoos over cellphone towerPosted 2 days ago
- Alberta horse owner/trainer brings huge stable of 60 horses to train at Desert ParkPosted 2 days ago
- Hockey Canada’s top brass visiting town this week to review acclaimed academyPosted 2 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.