- Osoyoos speaks out against school closuresPosted 1 day ago
- Province, not school board, should decide on closures, says former mayor Stu WellsPosted 1 day ago
- Annual savings from closing Osoyoos school is less than $400,000Posted 1 day ago
- School supporters hope for huge turnoutPosted 6 days ago
- Four-day week proposed to address school funding crisisPosted 6 days ago
- Town could provide subsidy to keep schools openPosted 6 days ago
- Building at Gyro Park vandalized with fire and graffitiPosted 2 weeks ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.