- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 2 days ago
- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 2 days ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 2 days ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 2 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 2 days ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 2 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 2 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.