- Skiing returns to BaldyPosted 5 days ago
- Council takes step in possible airport closurePosted 5 days ago
- Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons latest break-in victimsPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos man and woman in custody after stolen property foundPosted 5 days ago
- Airport committee urges council to keep facility open and support expansion planPosted 5 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.