- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 4 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 4 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 2 weeks ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.