- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 4 days ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 5 days ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 5 days ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 5 days ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 5 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.