- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 5 days ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 5 days ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 5 days ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 5 days ago
- Atamanenko urges feds to move faster on regulations to stop invasive musselsPosted 5 days ago
Local bowler wins bronze at Special Olympics
Special Olympian Stephen Lee, who is from Oliver and bowls at Kobau Lanes in Osoyoos, took home a bronze medal he won for bowling at the recent Special Olympics Canada Summer Games in the Lower Mainland.
Lee’s team representing B.C. was one of 40 bowling teams that competed in Richmond over the July 12 weekend. The team placed seventh.
Lee picked up his medal for coming third as an individual for average number of pins. In his high game he scored 205.