- Bankruptcy could be used as tool to transfer Mount Baldy to new buyerPosted 1 hour ago
- Sockeye salmon recreational fishery opens Thursday, July 31Posted 1 day ago
- Federal Conservatives pick Neufeld, Liberals nominate DenesiukPosted 1 day ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 5 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 7 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 7 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 7 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
Local reader not pleased new postal outlet has opened across the street from town post office
This letter is sent regarding the opening of the new “postal outlet” at the local Pharmasave.
I think you (in your editorial in the Osoyoos Times in the March 19 edition) and our local MP, Alex Atamanenko, have overlooked a significant point which really shows the Harper government’s continuing hypocrisy.
If the establishment of a postal outlet had anything at all to do with better servicing Canada Post’s customers and nothing at all to do with setting up conditions for closing our present town post office as claimed, why would the location of this new outlet be virtually across the street?
If Ottawa was to have any credibility with their “better serving the customer” claim, surely the location of the outlet would have been in the vicinity of the “uptown” end of Main Street or some place like Gateway Square.