- Suspicious package caused closure of Osoyoos RCMP detachment on WednesdayPosted 4 days ago
- Strike continues as Sept. 2 date for school return nearsPosted 4 days ago
- Province, feds’ inaction on invasive mussels frustrates local water officialsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations open soon for November municipal electionsPosted 4 days ago
- Province’s plan for Grist Mill sets off alarm bellsPosted 4 days ago
- Great teamwork cited by Anarchist Mountain fire chief for bringing brush fire quickly under controlPosted 4 days ago
- New vice principal announced at Osoyoos Elementary SchoolPosted 4 days ago
- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 2 weeks ago
Local reader not pleased new postal outlet has opened across the street from town post office
This letter is sent regarding the opening of the new “postal outlet” at the local Pharmasave.
I think you (in your editorial in the Osoyoos Times in the March 19 edition) and our local MP, Alex Atamanenko, have overlooked a significant point which really shows the Harper government’s continuing hypocrisy.
If the establishment of a postal outlet had anything at all to do with better servicing Canada Post’s customers and nothing at all to do with setting up conditions for closing our present town post office as claimed, why would the location of this new outlet be virtually across the street?
If Ottawa was to have any credibility with their “better serving the customer” claim, surely the location of the outlet would have been in the vicinity of the “uptown” end of Main Street or some place like Gateway Square.