- Buyer of old Regal Ridge building hopes it becomes medical centrePosted 3 hours ago
- Sockeye salmon recreational fishery opens Thursday, July 31Posted 19 hours ago
- Bankruptcy could be used as tool to transfer Mount Baldy to new buyerPosted 19 hours ago
- South Okanagan shuttle service ready to start picking up passengers soon for connection to Kelowna International AirportPosted 19 hours ago
- Federal Conservatives pick Neufeld, Liberals nominate DenesiukPosted 19 hours ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 19 hours ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 1 week ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 1 week ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
Local woman praises FortisBC for quality customer service after she launched complaint over her bill
I would like to extend my thanks to the management team in the customer service department with FortisBC and most of all to George Thompson, supervisor, who followed my case to a successful end almost one year later.
Due to technical issues surrounding my old analog meter, FortisBC could not ascertain how much, if at all, my meter had caused my bi-monthly bills to be three times higher than were currently read.
My daily average consumption up to February of 2013 was 65 kw/h and Thompson has confirmed that our daily usage is 19 kw/h.
I am thrilled and relieved at the tremendous savings my new smart meter has generated for this household.
Thompson spoke with me and issued me a formal apology and any outstanding amounts left on my account would be written off.
I was also commended on my patience with them and my having stuck with it until upper management was given a chance to be consulted.
I am very pleased at how my case was handled by FortisBC, this all being done outside of a courtroom.
All of the readers out there must no doubt think how difficult it was for an arm of the government to apologize and say they made a mistake.
Perhaps if all of you phone customer service, maybe they will make time to actually listen to your problems and help solve those unseemingly high electric bills.
For me in particular, my trust has been restored in this company and I am impressed they are not just plain old money grabbers, but human beings trying to do their job.
Thank you for listening to a satisfied FortisBC customer and thank you for publishing this letter about my experience.