- Sockeye surging past Zosel Dam in Oroville as cooler temperatures encourage migrationPosted 4 days ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 4 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 5 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 5 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 2 weeks ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 3 weeks ago
Members of Osoyoos Royalty attended numerous events over busy holiday season
Hello, everyone. I hope you had a very merry Christmas and a happy start to the new year.
We had so much fun in the festive month of December.
To start off the merry month, we had the Osoyoos Christmas Lite-up and Santa Claus parade where Queen Gina, Princess Viveka, and I, along with Mrs. Claus, Santa, and our very helpful and super-cute little buddies, were on our beautiful sleigh Christmas float.
Everyone had a blast and after the parade we took our little buddies out for some hot chocolate to warm up. They had a lot of fun.
The next morning we attended the Breakfast with Santa event, where we helped to sell baked goodies while players with the Osoyoos Coyotes served breakfast.
Then we helped all the good little girls and boys get their picture taken with Santa. All the children were so excited to sit with Santa and tell him what they wanted most for Christmas.
Even Gina, Viveka, and I got a picture taken with Santa.
After breakfast, we went to the Osoyoos branch of the Royal Canadian Legion to check out the Christmas craft fair and to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year.
There were so many amazing things made with beautiful craftsmanship.
The last event of the festive season for us as a team was the Family Santa day. The event at the arena was a time where kids and adults could go skating, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus and do some very fun crafts.
Princess Viveka, along with some helpers, had a craft room which included a cookie-decorating station, a reindeer hat-making station and a station for making little Christmas tree necklaces or ornaments.
These crafts were very popular. With all the cookies, the hats, necklaces, and tree ornaments, one could say it looked a lot like Santa’s workshop, but the most important thing was that the kids had a blast and the adults did too.
I would like to invite all girls from Grades 9 to 11 to come to an information meeting for new Royalty candidates on January 9 at 2:50 at our high school.
Our contract signing meeting will be held on January 20 at 7 p.m. at Osoyoos Elementary School.
Some of the things you will learn include beauty tips (including hair and make up), interview skills, public speaking, modelling skills, etiquette training and speech writing.
This program is amazing and you will benefit from it long into the future.
Believe me I speak from experience.
If you are interested in the Osoyoos Royalty program, please come to these meetings and bring your friends.
I hope you all have a very happy year. Best wishes to everyone in our community for a happy and safe 2014.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
This column was provided by Carmen Olsen, Osoyoos Princess with the Osoyoos Royalty program for 2013-14.