- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 16 hours ago
- Sockeye recreational quota increases to four and will run to after Labour DayPosted 1 day ago
- RCMP commander Sgt. Kevin Schur is moving on to Kelowna-based training jobPosted 6 days ago
- USA Today readers choose Okanagan Valley as world’s second best wine region to visitPosted 6 days ago
- Airport shuttle service starts from Osoyoos to KelownaPosted 6 days ago
- Two vehicle collision causes injuries on Hwy. 97 Friday afternoonPosted 6 days ago
- Desert Society releases conceptual drawing for $2 million centrePosted 6 days ago
- Nk’Mip Cellars Winery has impressive showing at 2014 national wine awardsPosted 6 days ago
- U.S. resident faces charges of smuggling loaded handgun at Osoyoos borderPosted 6 days ago
- Wildfire smoke advisory in effect as fires burn on both sides of the borderPosted 6 days ago
Members of Osoyoos Royalty attended numerous events over busy holiday season
Hello, everyone. I hope you had a very merry Christmas and a happy start to the new year.
We had so much fun in the festive month of December.
To start off the merry month, we had the Osoyoos Christmas Lite-up and Santa Claus parade where Queen Gina, Princess Viveka, and I, along with Mrs. Claus, Santa, and our very helpful and super-cute little buddies, were on our beautiful sleigh Christmas float.
Everyone had a blast and after the parade we took our little buddies out for some hot chocolate to warm up. They had a lot of fun.
The next morning we attended the Breakfast with Santa event, where we helped to sell baked goodies while players with the Osoyoos Coyotes served breakfast.
Then we helped all the good little girls and boys get their picture taken with Santa. All the children were so excited to sit with Santa and tell him what they wanted most for Christmas.
Even Gina, Viveka, and I got a picture taken with Santa.
After breakfast, we went to the Osoyoos branch of the Royal Canadian Legion to check out the Christmas craft fair and to wish everyone a merry Christmas and happy new year.
There were so many amazing things made with beautiful craftsmanship.
The last event of the festive season for us as a team was the Family Santa day. The event at the arena was a time where kids and adults could go skating, visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus and do some very fun crafts.
Princess Viveka, along with some helpers, had a craft room which included a cookie-decorating station, a reindeer hat-making station and a station for making little Christmas tree necklaces or ornaments.
These crafts were very popular. With all the cookies, the hats, necklaces, and tree ornaments, one could say it looked a lot like Santa’s workshop, but the most important thing was that the kids had a blast and the adults did too.
I would like to invite all girls from Grades 9 to 11 to come to an information meeting for new Royalty candidates on January 9 at 2:50 at our high school.
Our contract signing meeting will be held on January 20 at 7 p.m. at Osoyoos Elementary School.
Some of the things you will learn include beauty tips (including hair and make up), interview skills, public speaking, modelling skills, etiquette training and speech writing.
This program is amazing and you will benefit from it long into the future.
Believe me I speak from experience.
If you are interested in the Osoyoos Royalty program, please come to these meetings and bring your friends.
I hope you all have a very happy year. Best wishes to everyone in our community for a happy and safe 2014.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
This column was provided by Carmen Olsen, Osoyoos Princess with the Osoyoos Royalty program for 2013-14.