- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 16 hours ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 5 days ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 5 days ago
Music lovers participate in Bluegrass/Country Music Festival
It’s an event where lovers of traditional country and bluegrass music get together to jam. The 9th annual Bluegrass/Country Music Festival was held last weekend at Desert Park in Osoyoos.
Many participants bring their recreational vehicles and their instruments for informal music after the stage performances. Some people come to watch and listen, but the event, featuring both local and visiting musicians, is more about the musicians than the audience.
(Richard McGuire photos)