- New poll won’t change MLA Larson’s opposition to national parkPosted 5 days ago
- MLA Larson wants Osoyoos Desert Centre to be nominated as UNESCO World Heritage SitePosted 5 days ago
- Work set to begin on road resurfacing along Highway 97 from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 5 days ago
- New poll shows jump in support for national parkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Talks aim to save Home Building CentrePosted 2 weeks ago
- B.C.’s mussel program called a ‘good start,’ but OBWB still wants inspection stationsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Crime sees sharp rise in Osoyoos this year, but not as big as in other Okanagan communitiesPosted 2 weeks ago
- This year’s sockeye run could match 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- Smuggling suspects arrested, 3 lbs. of cocaine seizedPosted 3 weeks ago
- OIB Chief Clarence Louie delivers blunt talk to Osoyoos RotariansPosted 3 weeks ago
Music lovers participate in Bluegrass/Country Music Festival
It’s an event where lovers of traditional country and bluegrass music get together to jam. The 9th annual Bluegrass/Country Music Festival was held last weekend at Desert Park in Osoyoos.
Many participants bring their recreational vehicles and their instruments for informal music after the stage performances. Some people come to watch and listen, but the event, featuring both local and visiting musicians, is more about the musicians than the audience.
(Richard McGuire photos)