- Economic benefits of OCC will be felt in Oliver and entire South Okanagan for generations to comePosted 4 days ago
- Helping inmates acquire job and life skills during incarceration is prime focus, says OCC’s wardenPosted 4 days ago
- New fire hall almost ready to openPosted 1 week ago
- Tranquility Café owner apologizes to those he hurtPosted 1 week ago
- Tranquility Café owner David Taylor skips town leaving unpaid billsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brenda Dorosz green lighted to seek NDP nominationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Trustee candidate Redenbach says he’ll be strong advocate for Osoyoos communityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oliver woman found dead after vehicle went down embankment identified as Beverly Anne LouiePosted 2 weeks ago
Music lovers participate in Bluegrass/Country Music Festival
It’s an event where lovers of traditional country and bluegrass music get together to jam. The 9th annual Bluegrass/Country Music Festival was held last weekend at Desert Park in Osoyoos.
Many participants bring their recreational vehicles and their instruments for informal music after the stage performances. Some people come to watch and listen, but the event, featuring both local and visiting musicians, is more about the musicians than the audience.
(Richard McGuire photos)