- Family Foods sold to AG FoodsPosted 2 days ago
- Council holds property tax increase below 2%Posted 2 days ago
- Council votes to allow local contractors to bid on second phase of Gyro Park PlazaPosted 2 days ago
- Mayor updates Rotarians on key decisions facing town council in coming monthsPosted 2 days ago
- Police respond to two Osoyoos break and enters over weekendPosted 2 days ago
- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 1 week ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 1 week ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 1 week ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 1 week ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 1 week ago
Music lovers participate in Bluegrass/Country Music Festival
It’s an event where lovers of traditional country and bluegrass music get together to jam. The 9th annual Bluegrass/Country Music Festival was held last weekend at Desert Park in Osoyoos.
Many participants bring their recreational vehicles and their instruments for informal music after the stage performances. Some people come to watch and listen, but the event, featuring both local and visiting musicians, is more about the musicians than the audience.
(Richard McGuire photos)