- Skiing returns to BaldyPosted 5 days ago
- Council takes step in possible airport closurePosted 5 days ago
- Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons latest break-in victimsPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos man and woman in custody after stolen property foundPosted 5 days ago
- Airport committee urges council to keep facility open and support expansion planPosted 5 days ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.