- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 21 hours ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 5 days ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 5 days ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.