- Council considers water metersPosted 5 days ago
- Neufeld is odd man out on many issues as candidates square off in Oliver forumPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos hosts major water forums next weekPosted 2 weeks ago
- RCMP constable still collecting salary more than two years after suspensionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Missing man found dead; vehicle plunged down cliffPosted 2 weeks ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.