- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 4 days ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 5 days ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 5 days ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 5 days ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 5 days ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.