- Kidney transplant takes place a day before World Kidney DayPosted 19 hours ago
- Desert Live Music Festival won’t run this yearPosted 19 hours ago
- Silent during off-road meeting, environmentalists now speaking up about damage caused by ATVsPosted 19 hours ago
- Osoyoos Lake level rising again with change of seasonPosted 19 hours ago
- BCFGA shares its concerns after federal government approves controversial Arctic Apple for sale in CanadaPosted 19 hours ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.