- Paddleboard business alleges harassment by competitorPosted 6 hours ago
- Teachers’ strike finally resolvedPosted 1 day ago
- Report raises questions about Desert Park’s futurePosted 7 days ago
- Officers for new jail soon to be hiredPosted 7 days ago
- Mount Baldy has plans for December opening, but local investor still neededPosted 7 days ago
- Education minister rejects BCTF’s call for binding arbitrationPosted 7 days ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.