- Heat ends Coyotes’ season with impressive 3-1 victory to complete miraculous series comebackPosted 19 hours ago
- Larson takes dig at Ross for her children born out of B.C. as candidates read talking points at forumPosted 1 day ago
- Chase ties game in final second, then beats Coyotes again in overtime, forcing fifth gamePosted 3 days ago
- After painful three-year wait, local man at last to get his hip operationPosted 3 days ago
- Larson floats Osoyoos-Oliver amalgamation at seniors’ candidate forum dominated by health issuesPosted 4 days ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.