- Town seeks developer for major subdivisionPosted 23 hours ago
- Committee insists closing airport in Osoyoos would be huge mistakePosted 23 hours ago
- RCMP steps up checks for impaired driversPosted 23 hours ago
- Tension boils at meeting in BridesvillePosted 1 week ago
- Feds finally introduce regulations to prevent mussel invasionPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos man is arrested and facing Internet luring and possessing child porn chargesPosted 1 week ago
OCCUPIED WITH THANKS
Thanks for your excellent opinion piece about the Occupy movement. It’s easy to be complacent when we live in a lovely small town, and to make fun of the folks who are camping out all over the world to try and change the balance of power. Most of us are the 99%, even if we have saved enough to retire or have a good job. Our lives and our children’s futures are increasingly precarious due to the instability caused by greed, ideology and incompetence. If the Occupy demonstrations can push governments to make difficult decisions that put people before profits, they will have done us all a big favour. Thanks again for reminding us to pay attention.