- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 7 hours ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 7 hours ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 7 hours ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 7 hours ago
- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 1 day ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 5 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 6 days ago
- Independent school in hands of town – referendum is possiblePosted 1 week ago
- Province response expected soon on national park, but including Mt. Kobau in park definitely ruled outPosted 1 week ago
- Independent school partnership with Good Shepherd moving forwardPosted 2 weeks ago
OSOYOOS MAN GETS JAIL AFTER STEALING THE SAME TOWN TRUCK TWICE
A man arrested for stealing a Town of Osoyoos truck in January was arrested again two weeks later for stealing the same truck. Cary James Norman, 37, of Osoyoos pled guilty in court Feb. 5 and was sentenced to 90 days in prison and one year probation.
Osoyoos RCMP say the 1992 Chevrolet pickup truck was stolen Jan. 17 from the parking lot at the Sonora Community Centre. Later that day, RCMP located the truck in Osoyoos and arrested Norman.
Then on Feb. 2, RCMP received a new report that Norman was again spotted driving the same Town of Osoyoos truck. Police located him with the truck driving in Penticton.
Norman was remanded to appear in court on Feb. 4 and 5 to answer to the original charges and additional charges of theft and possession of stolen property under $5,000.
Sgt. Kevin Schur, commanding officer at Osoyoos RCMP, says the same truck has previously been stolen by others.