- Sockeye surging past Zosel Dam in Oroville as cooler temperatures encourage migrationPosted 3 days ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 3 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 5 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 5 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 2 weeks ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 2 weeks ago
Dead motorcyclist identified as Stanley William Beaton of Osoyoos
A motorcyclist killed May 19 east of Osoyoos has been identified as Stanley William Beaton, aged 55, of Osoyoos.
The name was released Thursday by the B.C. Coroners Service.
The accident occurred on Hwy. 3 east of Osoyoos and on Anarchist Mountain. No other vehicles or persons were involved in the incident.
At 6:15 p.m., the Osoyoos RCMP and South Okanagan Traffic Services attended the accident and emergency personnel confirmed Mr. Beaton was dead at the scene.
The single occupant of the motorcycle went off the road and was ejected from his bike, RCMP reported. He succumbed to his injuries.
Police report that road conditions were bare and dry at the time.
South Okanagan Traffic Services and the B.C. Coroners Services are investigating the collision. The next of kin were notified.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES