- Suspicious package caused closure of Osoyoos RCMP detachment on WednesdayPosted 6 days ago
- Strike continues as Sept. 2 date for school return nearsPosted 6 days ago
- Province, feds’ inaction on invasive mussels frustrates local water officialsPosted 6 days ago
- Nominations open soon for November municipal electionsPosted 6 days ago
- Province’s plan for Grist Mill sets off alarm bellsPosted 6 days ago
- Great teamwork cited by Anarchist Mountain fire chief for bringing brush fire quickly under controlPosted 6 days ago
- New vice principal announced at Osoyoos Elementary SchoolPosted 6 days ago
- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 2 weeks ago
Dead motorcyclist identified as Stanley William Beaton of Osoyoos
A motorcyclist killed May 19 east of Osoyoos has been identified as Stanley William Beaton, aged 55, of Osoyoos.
The name was released Thursday by the B.C. Coroners Service.
The accident occurred on Hwy. 3 east of Osoyoos and on Anarchist Mountain. No other vehicles or persons were involved in the incident.
At 6:15 p.m., the Osoyoos RCMP and South Okanagan Traffic Services attended the accident and emergency personnel confirmed Mr. Beaton was dead at the scene.
The single occupant of the motorcycle went off the road and was ejected from his bike, RCMP reported. He succumbed to his injuries.
Police report that road conditions were bare and dry at the time.
South Okanagan Traffic Services and the B.C. Coroners Services are investigating the collision. The next of kin were notified.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES