- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 16 hours ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 5 days ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 5 days ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.