- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 5 days ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 5 days ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 5 days ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 5 days ago
- Atamanenko urges feds to move faster on regulations to stop invasive musselsPosted 5 days ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.