- Osoyoos hosts major water forums next weekPosted 3 days ago
- RCMP constable still collecting salary more than two years after suspensionPosted 3 days ago
- Missing man found dead; vehicle plunged down cliffPosted 4 days ago
- Conservative Neufeld closing gap on NDP’s Cannings in latest pollPosted 1 week ago
- Ex-councillor and wife hope town will welcome refugee familyPosted 1 week ago
- Green candidate Samantha Troy stepped up when no one else wouldPosted 1 week ago
- Two independent candidates use election to put forward their unconventional ideasPosted 1 week ago
- Chance of a ski season at Baldy ‘very precarious,’ says company that stepped in to run it last yearPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.