- Family Foods sold to AG FoodsPosted 19 hours ago
- Council holds property tax increase below 2%Posted 19 hours ago
- Council votes to allow local contractors to bid on second phase of Gyro Park PlazaPosted 19 hours ago
- Mayor updates Rotarians on key decisions facing town council in coming monthsPosted 19 hours ago
- Police respond to two Osoyoos break and enters over weekendPosted 19 hours ago
- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 7 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 7 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 7 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 7 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 7 days ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.