- Winemakers hope weather stays warm to complete exceptional harvest yearPosted 7 hours ago
- NDP contenders take aim at Harper as Maximenko calls for criminal charges against PMPosted 8 hours ago
- Retired community volunteer announces intentions to seek council seat once againPosted 8 hours ago
- Municipal delegates at UBCM want province to resume talks to establish national parkPosted 8 hours ago
- Province tight-lipped on access to Haynes Point ParkPosted 17 hours ago
- Tragic accident claims life of young Quebec man at Osoyoos packing housePosted 22 hours ago
- Osoyoos couple cuts power bills with solar panelsPosted 1 week ago
- OSS makes up for days lost to strikePosted 1 week ago
- Town takes quest for national park to B.C. municipal conferencePosted 1 week ago
- Okanagan representatives to meet with province about invasive mussel threatPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.