- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 6 days ago
- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 6 days ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 6 days ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 6 days ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 6 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 6 days ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.