- Salmon run faces catastrophe this yearPosted 6 days ago
- Sighs of relief as Teneycke capturedPosted 6 days ago
- Two female members of Delta family sent to hospital after collision on Osoyoos LakePosted 6 days ago
- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 2 weeks ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.