- Water shortages and conservation remain a hot topicPosted 4 days ago
- With or without Mt. Baldy, Osoyoos has great winter potential, says DO managerPosted 4 days ago
- Five-person ‘focus group’ picked by MLA to review input on national park futurePosted 4 days ago
- Cast and crew rave about three weeks spent in Osoyoos shooting TV moviePosted 2 weeks ago
- Public’s help sought to identify burglars at Dairy Queen, Campo MarinaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Refugee project launches fundraising campaignPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cash donations especially welcome as food bank gets ready to deliver annual Christmas hampersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos pays tribute to veterans and fallen comradesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town of Osoyoos is asked to be part of proposed Regional Heritage CommissionPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.