- Heat ends Coyotes’ season with impressive 3-1 victory to complete miraculous series comebackPosted 19 hours ago
- Larson takes dig at Ross for her children born out of B.C. as candidates read talking points at forumPosted 1 day ago
- Chase ties game in final second, then beats Coyotes again in overtime, forcing fifth gamePosted 3 days ago
- After painful three-year wait, local man at last to get his hip operationPosted 3 days ago
- Larson floats Osoyoos-Oliver amalgamation at seniors’ candidate forum dominated by health issuesPosted 4 days ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.