- Fire guts units at Sunshine CovePosted 3 days ago
- Museum board has no choice but to adopt 20-20 visionPosted 4 days ago
- Family of teen killed on Osoyoos Lake devastated over man’s ‘light sentence’Posted 4 days ago
- Larson’s UNESCO idea for Desert Centre more difficult than suggested at meetingPosted 4 days ago
- NDP critic takes aim at Larson, government over refusal to re-engage on national parkPosted 4 days ago
- Deal lets Home Building Centre stay and delays museum movePosted 2 weeks ago
- Citizens on Patrol urgently needs more volunteersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Critic of two-tier electricity rates angry and frustrated after conference call with ministerPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.