- MLA Larson’s ‘open letter’ to Osoyoos about school closure unleashes storm of criticism on social mediaPosted 2 hours ago
- Bernier should refuse to sign OSS closure, NDP arguesPosted 11 hours ago
- SD 53 never spoke to town about $1 million offer because minds already made up – TarrPosted 12 hours ago
- Court action is next step as school board votes 4-3 on third reading of bylaw to close OSSPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian refugee family learning English, adapting to life in Osoyoos communityPosted 1 week ago
- School board looks at ideas to battle deficitPosted 1 week ago
- 300 turn out to discuss independent high school for OsoyoosPosted 1 week ago
- EDITORIAL: Town’s failed offer proved SD 53 always acting in bad faithPosted 1 week ago
- School district rejects town’s offer of $1 million over three years to keep OSS openPosted 1 week ago
- Bernier’s claim that he met MLA Larson ‘daily’ on school issue questionedPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos receives $25,000 for Sun Bowl from Kraft Hockeyville
Osoyoos last week received its $25,000 prize for being nominated to the first round of Kraft Hockeyville. The money is for improvements to the Sun Bowl Arena.
Making the presentation to the town was Chris Biagioni, in sales with Kraft, second from the left.
Pictured from left are Councillor Michael Ryan, Biagioni, Theresa Ungar, who wrote the story nominating Osoyoos, Cathy Martins, who led the initiatve, Gerald Davis, director of community services with the Town of Osoyoos and Councillor Sue McKortoff.
Davis said the town is inviting input from the community about how best to use the money for the arena. Currently being considered are an improved sound system, an improved women’s changing room or part of the cost of a new score clock.