- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 5 days ago
- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 5 days ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 5 days ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 5 days ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 5 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 5 days ago
Osoyoos Relay for Life co-ordinator thanks community for big support
Since 2004 Osoyoos residents have, one by one, joined the ranks of millions of people all over the globe who are taking steps to end cancer at the largest cancer fundraising event in the world – Relay For Life.
Together, Osoyoos Relay raised $16,205 this year and still counting.
Thank you Osoyoos for fundraising, volunteering and walking with hundreds of people, all of them touched by cancer in some way.
More than 70 of you came to Osoyoos Elementary School to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and commit to fight back against the disease. This year the theme of Osoyoos’ Relay was Celebrations Around the World. Participants got in the spirit by decorating their tent areas and making costumes for their Teams!
A big thank you to all of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and entertainers at Relay this year! Our larger sponsors were: Bell Media, Osoyoos Times, Osoyoos Aggregates, Show in Motion, Walnut Beach Resort, Fairview Mountain Golf Club, and Buy Low Foods (Osoyoos and Oliver). So many more prizes, gifts, and goods were donated to our Relay. We would not have been able to do it without your support!
Money raised through Relay For Life supports the most promising cancer research, community support programs for people living with cancer, collecting and communicating comprehensive cancer information, effective prevention initiatives and important advocacy for healthy public policies.
With your dedicated support, the Canadian Cancer Society is leading the charge in the fight against all cancers – of which there are more than 200 different types. Each and every day, we are working hard to accomplish our mission of eradicating cancer and enhancing the quality of life of those living with the disease.
Thank you again for joining us in the fight.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Osoyoos Relay For Life.
Community Giving Co-ordinator
Canadian Cancer Society