- Candidate forum set for Oct. 29 at OSSPosted 2 hours ago
- Greg Norton rejects conflict of interest claimPosted 2 hours ago
- NDP calls for return to National Park talksPosted 2 hours ago
- Federal NDP picks Dick Cannings as local candidatePosted 2 hours ago
- Cougars again sighted in Osoyoos, one shot, public warnedPosted 11 hours ago
- Cougars again seen in Osoyoos, one shot; public warnedPosted 12 hours ago
- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 1 week ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 1 week ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 1 week ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos Relay for Life co-ordinator thanks community for big support
Since 2004 Osoyoos residents have, one by one, joined the ranks of millions of people all over the globe who are taking steps to end cancer at the largest cancer fundraising event in the world – Relay For Life.
Together, Osoyoos Relay raised $16,205 this year and still counting.
Thank you Osoyoos for fundraising, volunteering and walking with hundreds of people, all of them touched by cancer in some way.
More than 70 of you came to Osoyoos Elementary School to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and commit to fight back against the disease. This year the theme of Osoyoos’ Relay was Celebrations Around the World. Participants got in the spirit by decorating their tent areas and making costumes for their Teams!
A big thank you to all of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and entertainers at Relay this year! Our larger sponsors were: Bell Media, Osoyoos Times, Osoyoos Aggregates, Show in Motion, Walnut Beach Resort, Fairview Mountain Golf Club, and Buy Low Foods (Osoyoos and Oliver). So many more prizes, gifts, and goods were donated to our Relay. We would not have been able to do it without your support!
Money raised through Relay For Life supports the most promising cancer research, community support programs for people living with cancer, collecting and communicating comprehensive cancer information, effective prevention initiatives and important advocacy for healthy public policies.
With your dedicated support, the Canadian Cancer Society is leading the charge in the fight against all cancers – of which there are more than 200 different types. Each and every day, we are working hard to accomplish our mission of eradicating cancer and enhancing the quality of life of those living with the disease.
Thank you again for joining us in the fight.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Osoyoos Relay For Life.
Community Giving Co-ordinator
Canadian Cancer Society