- Water shortages and conservation remain a hot topicPosted 5 days ago
- With or without Mt. Baldy, Osoyoos has great winter potential, says DO managerPosted 5 days ago
- Five-person ‘focus group’ picked by MLA to review input on national park futurePosted 5 days ago
- Cast and crew rave about three weeks spent in Osoyoos shooting TV moviePosted 2 weeks ago
- Public’s help sought to identify burglars at Dairy Queen, Campo MarinaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Refugee project launches fundraising campaignPosted 2 weeks ago
- Cash donations especially welcome as food bank gets ready to deliver annual Christmas hampersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos pays tribute to veterans and fallen comradesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town of Osoyoos is asked to be part of proposed Regional Heritage CommissionPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos Relay for Life co-ordinator thanks community for big support
Since 2004 Osoyoos residents have, one by one, joined the ranks of millions of people all over the globe who are taking steps to end cancer at the largest cancer fundraising event in the world – Relay For Life.
Together, Osoyoos Relay raised $16,205 this year and still counting.
Thank you Osoyoos for fundraising, volunteering and walking with hundreds of people, all of them touched by cancer in some way.
More than 70 of you came to Osoyoos Elementary School to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and commit to fight back against the disease. This year the theme of Osoyoos’ Relay was Celebrations Around the World. Participants got in the spirit by decorating their tent areas and making costumes for their Teams!
A big thank you to all of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and entertainers at Relay this year! Our larger sponsors were: Bell Media, Osoyoos Times, Osoyoos Aggregates, Show in Motion, Walnut Beach Resort, Fairview Mountain Golf Club, and Buy Low Foods (Osoyoos and Oliver). So many more prizes, gifts, and goods were donated to our Relay. We would not have been able to do it without your support!
Money raised through Relay For Life supports the most promising cancer research, community support programs for people living with cancer, collecting and communicating comprehensive cancer information, effective prevention initiatives and important advocacy for healthy public policies.
With your dedicated support, the Canadian Cancer Society is leading the charge in the fight against all cancers – of which there are more than 200 different types. Each and every day, we are working hard to accomplish our mission of eradicating cancer and enhancing the quality of life of those living with the disease.
Thank you again for joining us in the fight.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Osoyoos Relay For Life.
Community Giving Co-ordinator
Canadian Cancer Society