- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire expands to north leading to increased evacuation alert areaPosted 7 hours ago
- Osoyoos senior, little dog scarred in vicious pit bull attackPosted 2 days ago
- Thick smoke from U.S. hampers efforts to fight local firesPosted 2 days ago
- Osoyoos residents can assist fire victims at community BBQ or donations at local banksPosted 2 days ago
- Cameron McRae, ‘well-known to police,’ convicted for possessing stolen propertyPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire grows to 2,500 hectares, but is now 50 per cent containedPosted 1 week ago
- Wildfires rage in every direction – A week to rememberPosted 1 week ago
- Province re-opens door to national park reserve, inviting public comment on ‘intentions paper’Posted 1 week ago
- National park supporters thrilled with province’s announcement; opponents less pleased with planPosted 1 week ago
- Determined Idaho couple successful in helping find missing man during return trip to OsoyoosPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos Relay for Life co-ordinator thanks community for big support
Since 2004 Osoyoos residents have, one by one, joined the ranks of millions of people all over the globe who are taking steps to end cancer at the largest cancer fundraising event in the world – Relay For Life.
Together, Osoyoos Relay raised $16,205 this year and still counting.
Thank you Osoyoos for fundraising, volunteering and walking with hundreds of people, all of them touched by cancer in some way.
More than 70 of you came to Osoyoos Elementary School to celebrate cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and commit to fight back against the disease. This year the theme of Osoyoos’ Relay was Celebrations Around the World. Participants got in the spirit by decorating their tent areas and making costumes for their Teams!
A big thank you to all of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and entertainers at Relay this year! Our larger sponsors were: Bell Media, Osoyoos Times, Osoyoos Aggregates, Show in Motion, Walnut Beach Resort, Fairview Mountain Golf Club, and Buy Low Foods (Osoyoos and Oliver). So many more prizes, gifts, and goods were donated to our Relay. We would not have been able to do it without your support!
Money raised through Relay For Life supports the most promising cancer research, community support programs for people living with cancer, collecting and communicating comprehensive cancer information, effective prevention initiatives and important advocacy for healthy public policies.
With your dedicated support, the Canadian Cancer Society is leading the charge in the fight against all cancers – of which there are more than 200 different types. Each and every day, we are working hard to accomplish our mission of eradicating cancer and enhancing the quality of life of those living with the disease.
Thank you again for joining us in the fight.
We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Osoyoos Relay For Life.
Community Giving Co-ordinator
Canadian Cancer Society