- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 3 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 3 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 1 week ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 1 week ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos residents find ways to beat the heat
As temperatures climbed into the high 30s over the past week, briefly passing 40 degrees, Osoyoosites found ways to cool off.
The forecast is for cooler weather in the mid-20s next week.
(Richard McGuire photos)
Mike Douglas has the coolest job in Osoyoos. An ice facility operator at the Sun Bowl Arena, he paints a sponsor’s logo on the ice. After it’s painted, another inch and a quarter of ice goes on top. The arena reopens on July 19, providing a cool retreat from the hot summer sun. (Richard McGuire photo)