- Salmon run faces catastrophe this yearPosted 3 days ago
- Sighs of relief as Teneycke capturedPosted 3 days ago
- Two female members of Delta family sent to hospital after collision on Osoyoos LakePosted 4 days ago
- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 1 week ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 1 week ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 1 week ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 1 week ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 1 week ago
Osoyoos residents find ways to beat the heat
As temperatures climbed into the high 30s over the past week, briefly passing 40 degrees, Osoyoosites found ways to cool off.
The forecast is for cooler weather in the mid-20s next week.
(Richard McGuire photos)
Mike Douglas has the coolest job in Osoyoos. An ice facility operator at the Sun Bowl Arena, he paints a sponsor’s logo on the ice. After it’s painted, another inch and a quarter of ice goes on top. The arena reopens on July 19, providing a cool retreat from the hot summer sun. (Richard McGuire photo)