- Recent terminations lead to mass resignations at popular Osoyoos resortPosted 4 days ago
- Mussel searches find contaminated boats, prompting calls for stronger inspection programPosted 4 days ago
- School board still hasn’t announced decision on provincial funding for OSSPosted 6 days ago
- New medicinal marijuana outlet shut down by town two days after openingPosted 1 week ago
- Community celebrates 37 years of OSS at ‘wake’ for school that isn’t deadPosted 1 week ago
- Future of OSS remains in limbo as board chair Tarr says trustees want more informationPosted 1 week ago
- Fleming hopes announcement will save OSS, but says government ‘in full panic mode’Posted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos school advocate Dorosz urges cautious reaction to government’s announcement of funds to keep OSS openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province provides funding to keep OSS open, but will school board take it?Posted 2 weeks ago
- Clock ticking on independent school plans as OIS awaits decisions by othersPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos Soroptimists dedicate tree to late Shirley Rowbotham by Pioneer Walkway
Local residents turned out at Pioneer Walkway on Friday to dedicate a tree to the late Shirley Rowbotham.
Rowbotham was the driving force behind the walkway’s construction two decades ago and was also active in a number of other community causes and events including the Cherry Fiesta.
The tree is a flowering plum, the same kind as Rowbotham and her husband John dedicated to their grandchildren when the walkway first opened.