- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire expands to north leading to increased evacuation alert areaPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos senior, little dog scarred in vicious pit bull attackPosted 5 days ago
- Thick smoke from U.S. hampers efforts to fight local firesPosted 5 days ago
- Osoyoos residents can assist fire victims at community BBQ or donations at local banksPosted 5 days ago
- Cameron McRae, ‘well-known to police,’ convicted for possessing stolen propertyPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Testalinden Creek fire grows to 2,500 hectares, but is now 50 per cent containedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wildfires rage in every direction – A week to rememberPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province re-opens door to national park reserve, inviting public comment on ‘intentions paper’Posted 2 weeks ago
- National park supporters thrilled with province’s announcement; opponents less pleased with planPosted 2 weeks ago
- Determined Idaho couple successful in helping find missing man during return trip to OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos Soroptimists dedicate tree to late Shirley Rowbotham by Pioneer Walkway
Local residents turned out at Pioneer Walkway on Friday to dedicate a tree to the late Shirley Rowbotham.
Rowbotham was the driving force behind the walkway’s construction two decades ago and was also active in a number of other community causes and events including the Cherry Fiesta.
The tree is a flowering plum, the same kind as Rowbotham and her husband John dedicated to their grandchildren when the walkway first opened.