- New poll won’t change MLA Larson’s opposition to national parkPosted 3 days ago
- MLA Larson wants Osoyoos Desert Centre to be nominated as UNESCO World Heritage SitePosted 3 days ago
- Work set to begin on road resurfacing along Highway 97 from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 3 days ago
- New poll shows jump in support for national parkPosted 1 week ago
- Talks aim to save Home Building CentrePosted 1 week ago
- B.C.’s mussel program called a ‘good start,’ but OBWB still wants inspection stationsPosted 1 week ago
- Crime sees sharp rise in Osoyoos this year, but not as big as in other Okanagan communitiesPosted 1 week ago
- This year’s sockeye run could match 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Smuggling suspects arrested, 3 lbs. of cocaine seizedPosted 2 weeks ago
- OIB Chief Clarence Louie delivers blunt talk to Osoyoos RotariansPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos Soroptimists dedicate tree to late Shirley Rowbotham by Pioneer Walkway
Local residents turned out at Pioneer Walkway on Friday to dedicate a tree to the late Shirley Rowbotham.
Rowbotham was the driving force behind the walkway’s construction two decades ago and was also active in a number of other community causes and events including the Cherry Fiesta.
The tree is a flowering plum, the same kind as Rowbotham and her husband John dedicated to their grandchildren when the walkway first opened.