- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 4 hours ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 4 hours ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 4 hours ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 4 hours ago
- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 1 day ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 5 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 5 days ago
- Independent school in hands of town – referendum is possiblePosted 1 week ago
- Province response expected soon on national park, but including Mt. Kobau in park definitely ruled outPosted 1 week ago
- Independent school partnership with Good Shepherd moving forwardPosted 2 weeks ago
Osoyoos Soroptimists dedicate tree to late Shirley Rowbotham by Pioneer Walkway
Local residents turned out at Pioneer Walkway on Friday to dedicate a tree to the late Shirley Rowbotham.
Rowbotham was the driving force behind the walkway’s construction two decades ago and was also active in a number of other community causes and events including the Cherry Fiesta.
The tree is a flowering plum, the same kind as Rowbotham and her husband John dedicated to their grandchildren when the walkway first opened.