- High school saviour also crime buster in OsoyoosPosted 13 hours ago
- Cone of silence fell on Parks Canada when province pulled plug on national parkPosted 3 days ago
- New jail set for opening on October 21Posted 3 days ago
- Luck with rains and prudent water management prevented repeat of 2015 droughts this yearPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos man rushed to hospital after suffering serious burns following explosionPosted 3 days ago
Penticton writing contest seeks local entries
Osoyoos and area writers are being urged to make submissions to a creative writing contest open to emerging writers of short fiction and poetry.
Manuscripts must be printed on white paper, double- spaced, 12 points Times New Roman font, with page numbers.
The author’s name should not appear on the work.
Please send a hard copy with a cover page listing author’s name, address, email and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org for blind judging.
Entries in the short fiction category should be five double-spaced pages and/or five poems double-spaced with one poem per page.
Please include a large (9×13) self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for judges’ critiques and return of your entry. Attach correct postage to SASE.
Only a money order, bank draft or certified cheque is accepted. Fee must be included with all entries. Please make payable to PWAP Clem Battye Contest.
Failure to follow any of the above rules will immediately disqualify the entry or entries.
The entry fee is $15 per submission and you can enter as often as you like.
Deadline for entries is July 31. There will only be one winner in each category and winners will be announced on Aug. 29.
Winners’ entries will be published, with the author’s/poet’s photo and bio, on the PWAP website (www.penwriters.com).
Entering this contest gives organizers one time publishing rights to publish winning entries online.
The prize for best short fiction and poem is $200 plus being published online.
Send entry(ies) and fee(s) to The Clem Battye Legacy Award Writing Contest, 4011 Finnerty Road, Penticton, B.C., V2A 8W2.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES