- Spectacular fireworks display caps off successful Cherry FiestaPosted 1 day ago
- Osoyoos marks summer with a busy Cherry FiestaPosted 1 day ago
- New Osoyoos Royalty crowned at pageant before Cherry FiestaPosted 1 day ago
- Early morning fire causes extensive damage at Kobau Lanes and Vengeance FitnessPosted 5 days ago
- Missing man believed drowned in Osoyoos LakePosted 6 days ago
- Feds looked at using B.C. grazing laws in national parkPosted 6 days ago
- Man who claims he was framed by RCMP constable casts wide net in civil lawsuitPosted 6 days ago
- Graduating OSS students offered advice on living the rest of their livesPosted 6 days ago
- Milfoil growth four to six weeks early this yearPosted 6 days ago
- RCMP arrest accused child molester near OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
Penticton writing contest seeks local entries
Osoyoos and area writers are being urged to make submissions to a creative writing contest open to emerging writers of short fiction and poetry.
Manuscripts must be printed on white paper, double- spaced, 12 points Times New Roman font, with page numbers.
The author’s name should not appear on the work.
Please send a hard copy with a cover page listing author’s name, address, email and phone number to email@example.com for blind judging.
Entries in the short fiction category should be five double-spaced pages and/or five poems double-spaced with one poem per page.
Please include a large (9×13) self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) for judges’ critiques and return of your entry. Attach correct postage to SASE.
Only a money order, bank draft or certified cheque is accepted. Fee must be included with all entries. Please make payable to PWAP Clem Battye Contest.
Failure to follow any of the above rules will immediately disqualify the entry or entries.
The entry fee is $15 per submission and you can enter as often as you like.
Deadline for entries is July 31. There will only be one winner in each category and winners will be announced on Aug. 29.
Winners’ entries will be published, with the author’s/poet’s photo and bio, on the PWAP website (www.penwriters.com).
Entering this contest gives organizers one time publishing rights to publish winning entries online.
The prize for best short fiction and poem is $200 plus being published online.
Send entry(ies) and fee(s) to The Clem Battye Legacy Award Writing Contest, 4011 Finnerty Road, Penticton, B.C., V2A 8W2.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES