- High school saviour also crime buster in OsoyoosPosted 17 hours ago
- Cone of silence fell on Parks Canada when province pulled plug on national parkPosted 3 days ago
- New jail set for opening on October 21Posted 3 days ago
- Luck with rains and prudent water management prevented repeat of 2015 droughts this yearPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos man rushed to hospital after suffering serious burns following explosionPosted 3 days ago
Pit bull owner’s dog was to blame for unfortunate incident, says local reader
I would like to respond to your article in last week’s edition of the Osoyoos Times about local dog owner Rick Deis and his dog PoopyBear.
I have to say that for several months I have expected an incident like this to happen.
At least three times, I have observed a woman walking her dog on Main Street.
This larger dog has always had a leash around its neck, but it’s always dragging on the ground with the owner following 30 feet behind.
My wife and I both know Deis and PoopyBear.
This little dog is so old that is forced to use all of its energy and strength just to walk.
She doesn’t care about anyone else or other dogs and only walks slowly with her owner.
In fact, we had another little dog with us and the two dogs completely ignored each other.
There should be not question about what was at fault in this situation and it most certainly wasn’t PoopyBear.
To think otherwise would be ludicrous.