- Osoyoos couple announces intentions to run in upcoming municipal electionPosted 9 hours ago
- Osoyoos’ Pederson has no illusions of becoming mayor, but running anywayPosted 9 hours ago
- Ombudsperson office coming to Osoyoos to hear complaintsPosted 9 hours ago
- Paddleboard business alleges harassment by competitorPosted 16 hours ago
- Teachers’ strike finally resolvedPosted 2 days ago
- Report raises questions about Desert Park’s futurePosted 1 week ago
- Officers for new jail soon to be hiredPosted 1 week ago
- Mount Baldy has plans for December opening, but local investor still neededPosted 1 week ago
- Education minister rejects BCTF’s call for binding arbitrationPosted 1 week ago
Pit bull owner’s dog was to blame for unfortunate incident, says local reader
I would like to respond to your article in last week’s edition of the Osoyoos Times about local dog owner Rick Deis and his dog PoopyBear.
I have to say that for several months I have expected an incident like this to happen.
At least three times, I have observed a woman walking her dog on Main Street.
This larger dog has always had a leash around its neck, but it’s always dragging on the ground with the owner following 30 feet behind.
My wife and I both know Deis and PoopyBear.
This little dog is so old that is forced to use all of its energy and strength just to walk.
She doesn’t care about anyone else or other dogs and only walks slowly with her owner.
In fact, we had another little dog with us and the two dogs completely ignored each other.
There should be not question about what was at fault in this situation and it most certainly wasn’t PoopyBear.
To think otherwise would be ludicrous.