- Residents oppose Lakeshore Drive development at public hearingPosted 5 hours ago
- Coyotes hope this is the year, as talented team tries to carry season’s success into playoffsPosted 1 day ago
- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 3 days ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 7 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 7 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 1 week ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 1 week ago
RCMP handle rash of thefts in Osoyoos
Osoyoos RCMP handled a rash of thefts last week, making an arrest in one of the incidents.
A property owner reported observing a man steal his tractor on Tuesday, June 10 on 100th Ave. in Osoyoos and blocked the tractor as police arrived at the scene.
Police arrested Jake Soros, 27, of Oliver. Soros was held in custody to attend court and answer to criminal charges for theft of the tractor and for being in Osoyoos contrary to judicial conditions.
Volvo stolen and set on fire
A green 1996 Volvo 850 was reported stolen on Thursday, June 12 and was later found burned out at 45th St. and Hwy. 3, Osoyoos RCMP report. Anyone with information on this theft and arson is asked to contact the RCMP.
RCMP received a report on Monday, June 9 of a truck stolen from the gated complex at 15 Solana Key Court. The truck is described as a 1997 Dodge Dually with B.C. license DV4405 and is white with a blue stripe on the cab. It has a big blue box on the back.
Tools stolen from utility trailer
A utility trailer was reported on June 9 to have been broken into at a home on the 1000 block of 42nd Ave. Osoyoos RCMP said that thieves stole tools from the trailer. Police said there have been several thefts of tools over the last few weeks in the Osoyoos area.
Cell phone stolen from truck outside while family dined at steakhouse
A cell phone was stolen from a truck while the family had dinner at the Diamond Steakhouse in Osoyoos. RCMP said the incident occurred between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 15 when an unknown suspect or suspects broke out the passenger side window of a white 2004 F-350 truck parked outside the restaurant.
Call with crime tips
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call the Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Calls to Crime Stoppers may be made anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES