- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 12 hours ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 5 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 5 days ago
- Independent school in hands of town – referendum is possiblePosted 6 days ago
- Province response expected soon on national park, but including Mt. Kobau in park definitely ruled outPosted 6 days ago
- Independent school partnership with Good Shepherd moving forwardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bernier met SD 53 behind closed doors day after December decision on OSSPosted 2 weeks ago
- Partnership with Good Shepherd considered for independent schoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- SD 53 didn’t follow its own school closure policy, court petition allegesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town not impressed as Bernier suggests Osoyoos should take its concerns up with school boardPosted 2 weeks ago
RCMP handle rash of thefts in Osoyoos
Osoyoos RCMP handled a rash of thefts last week, making an arrest in one of the incidents.
A property owner reported observing a man steal his tractor on Tuesday, June 10 on 100th Ave. in Osoyoos and blocked the tractor as police arrived at the scene.
Police arrested Jake Soros, 27, of Oliver. Soros was held in custody to attend court and answer to criminal charges for theft of the tractor and for being in Osoyoos contrary to judicial conditions.
Volvo stolen and set on fire
A green 1996 Volvo 850 was reported stolen on Thursday, June 12 and was later found burned out at 45th St. and Hwy. 3, Osoyoos RCMP report. Anyone with information on this theft and arson is asked to contact the RCMP.
RCMP received a report on Monday, June 9 of a truck stolen from the gated complex at 15 Solana Key Court. The truck is described as a 1997 Dodge Dually with B.C. license DV4405 and is white with a blue stripe on the cab. It has a big blue box on the back.
Tools stolen from utility trailer
A utility trailer was reported on June 9 to have been broken into at a home on the 1000 block of 42nd Ave. Osoyoos RCMP said that thieves stole tools from the trailer. Police said there have been several thefts of tools over the last few weeks in the Osoyoos area.
Cell phone stolen from truck outside while family dined at steakhouse
A cell phone was stolen from a truck while the family had dinner at the Diamond Steakhouse in Osoyoos. RCMP said the incident occurred between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 15 when an unknown suspect or suspects broke out the passenger side window of a white 2004 F-350 truck parked outside the restaurant.
Call with crime tips
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call the Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Calls to Crime Stoppers may be made anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES