- Spectacular fireworks display caps off successful Cherry FiestaPosted 23 hours ago
- Osoyoos marks summer with a busy Cherry FiestaPosted 24 hours ago
- New Osoyoos Royalty crowned at pageant before Cherry FiestaPosted 1 day ago
- Early morning fire causes extensive damage at Kobau Lanes and Vengeance FitnessPosted 4 days ago
- Missing man believed drowned in Osoyoos LakePosted 6 days ago
- Feds looked at using B.C. grazing laws in national parkPosted 6 days ago
- Man who claims he was framed by RCMP constable casts wide net in civil lawsuitPosted 6 days ago
- Graduating OSS students offered advice on living the rest of their livesPosted 6 days ago
- Milfoil growth four to six weeks early this yearPosted 6 days ago
- RCMP arrest accused child molester near OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
RCMP handle rash of thefts in Osoyoos
Osoyoos RCMP handled a rash of thefts last week, making an arrest in one of the incidents.
A property owner reported observing a man steal his tractor on Tuesday, June 10 on 100th Ave. in Osoyoos and blocked the tractor as police arrived at the scene.
Police arrested Jake Soros, 27, of Oliver. Soros was held in custody to attend court and answer to criminal charges for theft of the tractor and for being in Osoyoos contrary to judicial conditions.
Volvo stolen and set on fire
A green 1996 Volvo 850 was reported stolen on Thursday, June 12 and was later found burned out at 45th St. and Hwy. 3, Osoyoos RCMP report. Anyone with information on this theft and arson is asked to contact the RCMP.
RCMP received a report on Monday, June 9 of a truck stolen from the gated complex at 15 Solana Key Court. The truck is described as a 1997 Dodge Dually with B.C. license DV4405 and is white with a blue stripe on the cab. It has a big blue box on the back.
Tools stolen from utility trailer
A utility trailer was reported on June 9 to have been broken into at a home on the 1000 block of 42nd Ave. Osoyoos RCMP said that thieves stole tools from the trailer. Police said there have been several thefts of tools over the last few weeks in the Osoyoos area.
Cell phone stolen from truck outside while family dined at steakhouse
A cell phone was stolen from a truck while the family had dinner at the Diamond Steakhouse in Osoyoos. RCMP said the incident occurred between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday, June 15 when an unknown suspect or suspects broke out the passenger side window of a white 2004 F-350 truck parked outside the restaurant.
Call with crime tips
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call the Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. Calls to Crime Stoppers may be made anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES