- OES students tackle schoolyard dog poop problemPosted 1 day ago
- GMO foods dangerous, pervasive, former federal scientists tell forumPosted 1 day ago
- Former Stockwell Day assistant Neufeld will seek federal Conservative nominationPosted 1 day ago
- Christmas Lite-Up events feature Santa Parade and entertainmentPosted 1 day ago
- Vancouver pharmaceutical company applies for license to operate commercial medical pot facility in OsoyoosPosted 1 day ago
- School support staff prepared to walk picket lines starting Tuesday morningPosted 7 days ago
- Osoyoos stores open, close, move, change handsPosted 1 week ago
- Travel writer names Okanagan as world’s top wine destinationPosted 1 week ago
- Local leaders respond with caution to possible changes to modernize Agricultural Land CommissionPosted 1 week ago
RCMP seize mature plants from outdoor grow-op
Osoyoos RCMP dismantled an outdoor marijuana grow operation on Anarchist Mountain Friday, seizing a number of mature plants.
Police say officers were conducting an all-terrain vehicle patrol on the mountain and that operation was located on Crown land.
Motorcyclist injured in accident on Anarchist Mountain
A 61-year-old man was treated in hospital for injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident on Anarchist Mountain last week.
The Edmonton man lost control at low speed and crashed into the concrete barrier at the first switchback of the mountain on Hwy. 3, Osoyoos RCMP say.
The man was thrown over the barrier and into a small ravine. Police, ambulance and Anarchist Mountain Fire Department attended around 8:20 a.m. on Aug. 13 and the man was transported to hospital for treatment of injuries to his knee and hand.
Woman ‘known to police’ caught driving in town while under prohibition
A woman who is “well known to police” and recently moved to Osoyoos was arrested for driving while prohibited in town last week.
Osoyoos RCMP say the 26-year-old woman was stopped by police about 11:40 p.m. on Aug. 14 when she was driving a Dodge Ram truck behind the Shell gas station.
The woman was released to appear in court at a later date and police impounded the truck.
Police seek leads on a number of thefts recently reported
Osoyoos RCMP are seeking information from the public to assist with a number of thefts reported during the last week:
- Thieves targeted a travel trailer that was stored in a fenced compound off Lakeshore Drive. The door was pried open and a television and golf clubs were stolen.
- A Connelly Fat Boy water ski was reported stolen Aug. 12 from some campers at Haynes Point Provincial Park.
- An Audison Amplifier was reported on Aug. 13 to have been stolen from a boat moored to a buoy in front of Island View Resort.
- A lime green Harrow 400.1 BMX bike was reported on Aug. 16 to have been stolen from the Richter Pass Motel.
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES