- Economic benefits of OCC will be felt in Oliver and entire South Okanagan for generations to comePosted 5 hours ago
- Helping inmates acquire job and life skills during incarceration is prime focus, says OCC’s wardenPosted 6 hours ago
- New fire hall almost ready to openPosted 3 days ago
- Tranquility Café owner apologizes to those he hurtPosted 3 days ago
- Tranquility Café owner David Taylor skips town leaving unpaid billsPosted 1 week ago
- Brenda Dorosz green lighted to seek NDP nominationPosted 1 week ago
- Trustee candidate Redenbach says he’ll be strong advocate for Osoyoos communityPosted 1 week ago
- Oliver woman found dead after vehicle went down embankment identified as Beverly Anne LouiePosted 1 week ago
RCMP warning residents to lock up and secure houses, vehicles and outbuildings
Numerous thefts from unlocked vehicles and sheds have occurred in recent weeks and Osoyoos RCMP are warning residents to secure their houses, vehicles and outbuildings to deter these crimes of opportunity.
Vehicles have also been stolen when they were left unlocked with keys inside.
Pair of dirt bikes stolen from local garage
Two dirt bikes were stolen from a locked detached garage in the Spruce Court area of Osoyoos sometime over the weekend.
Osoyoos RCMP said the thefts occurred sometime between the morning of Friday, July 11 and the afternoon of Sunday, July 13.
The bikes are a yellow 1977 Suzuki SD 185 cc and a black and red 2007 Giovanni motorcycle.
North Vancouver man refuses to provide breath sample
A 43-year-old man from North Vancouver who refused to provide a breath sample received a 90-day roadside driving suspension last week.
Osoyoos RCMP said they investigated the man July 10 for driving under the influence of alcohol and he refused to provide a breath sample as required by law.
The man’s vehicle is also impounded for 30 days.
* * *
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. All Crime Stoppers tips can be reported anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES