- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 5 days ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 6 days ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 6 days ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 6 days ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 6 days ago
RCMP warning residents to lock up and secure houses, vehicles and outbuildings
Numerous thefts from unlocked vehicles and sheds have occurred in recent weeks and Osoyoos RCMP are warning residents to secure their houses, vehicles and outbuildings to deter these crimes of opportunity.
Vehicles have also been stolen when they were left unlocked with keys inside.
Pair of dirt bikes stolen from local garage
Two dirt bikes were stolen from a locked detached garage in the Spruce Court area of Osoyoos sometime over the weekend.
Osoyoos RCMP said the thefts occurred sometime between the morning of Friday, July 11 and the afternoon of Sunday, July 13.
The bikes are a yellow 1977 Suzuki SD 185 cc and a black and red 2007 Giovanni motorcycle.
North Vancouver man refuses to provide breath sample
A 43-year-old man from North Vancouver who refused to provide a breath sample received a 90-day roadside driving suspension last week.
Osoyoos RCMP said they investigated the man July 10 for driving under the influence of alcohol and he refused to provide a breath sample as required by law.
The man’s vehicle is also impounded for 30 days.
* * *
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. All Crime Stoppers tips can be reported anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES