- Kidney transplant takes place a day before World Kidney DayPosted 6 days ago
- Desert Live Music Festival won’t run this yearPosted 6 days ago
- Silent during off-road meeting, environmentalists now speaking up about damage caused by ATVsPosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake level rising again with change of seasonPosted 6 days ago
- BCFGA shares its concerns after federal government approves controversial Arctic Apple for sale in CanadaPosted 6 days ago
RCMP warning residents to lock up and secure houses, vehicles and outbuildings
Numerous thefts from unlocked vehicles and sheds have occurred in recent weeks and Osoyoos RCMP are warning residents to secure their houses, vehicles and outbuildings to deter these crimes of opportunity.
Vehicles have also been stolen when they were left unlocked with keys inside.
Pair of dirt bikes stolen from local garage
Two dirt bikes were stolen from a locked detached garage in the Spruce Court area of Osoyoos sometime over the weekend.
Osoyoos RCMP said the thefts occurred sometime between the morning of Friday, July 11 and the afternoon of Sunday, July 13.
The bikes are a yellow 1977 Suzuki SD 185 cc and a black and red 2007 Giovanni motorcycle.
North Vancouver man refuses to provide breath sample
A 43-year-old man from North Vancouver who refused to provide a breath sample received a 90-day roadside driving suspension last week.
Osoyoos RCMP said they investigated the man July 10 for driving under the influence of alcohol and he refused to provide a breath sample as required by law.
The man’s vehicle is also impounded for 30 days.
* * *
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS. All Crime Stoppers tips can be reported anonymously.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES