- Suspicious package caused closure of Osoyoos RCMP detachment on WednesdayPosted 2 days ago
- Strike continues as Sept. 2 date for school return nearsPosted 2 days ago
- Province, feds’ inaction on invasive mussels frustrates local water officialsPosted 2 days ago
- Nominations open soon for November municipal electionsPosted 2 days ago
- Province’s plan for Grist Mill sets off alarm bellsPosted 2 days ago
- Great teamwork cited by Anarchist Mountain fire chief for bringing brush fire quickly under controlPosted 2 days ago
- New vice principal announced at Osoyoos Elementary SchoolPosted 2 days ago
- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 1 week ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 1 week ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 1 week ago
Resident very upset at how Canada Geese were killed
I live in a rented cottage on the lakeshore on 148 Avenue in Osoyoos.
Three years ago, a pair of Canada Geese showed up on my lawn dragging broken wings.
For the past two winters, I have fed them and helped keep them alive.
Amazingly, this year they could again fly on their own.
This past Sunday afternoon, the three of us sat in the sun together eating apples. Lucy and Goosey, as I call them, went down to the lake for a drink.
A flat black canoe then came around the corner.
The girls’ wings were again broken. They swam for their lives.
The contract killer chased them and finished them off.
How am I supposed to feel?