- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 19 hours ago
- Wildfires burn to north and south; campfires bannedPosted 6 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 6 days ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 6 days ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 6 days ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Firefighters contain wildfire west of OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
Resident very upset at how Canada Geese were killed
I live in a rented cottage on the lakeshore on 148 Avenue in Osoyoos.
Three years ago, a pair of Canada Geese showed up on my lawn dragging broken wings.
For the past two winters, I have fed them and helped keep them alive.
Amazingly, this year they could again fly on their own.
This past Sunday afternoon, the three of us sat in the sun together eating apples. Lucy and Goosey, as I call them, went down to the lake for a drink.
A flat black canoe then came around the corner.
The girls’ wings were again broken. They swam for their lives.
The contract killer chased them and finished them off.
How am I supposed to feel?