- Coyotes end season with 3-1 win over Chiefs; Osoyoos faces North Okanagan in playoffsPosted 2 days ago
- Clarence Louie re-elected as OIB chiefPosted 3 days ago
- UPDATED: Reports indicate police raid in Oliver centred on man charged recently with gun smugglingPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATE: Highway 3 traffic advisory now lifted between Anarchist Summit and GreenwoodPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATED: Town’s population passes 5,000, triggering jump in policing costsPosted 6 days ago
- Jason Bayda ‘ecstatic’ to be named permanent commander of Osoyoos RCMP Detachment, along with promotion to sergeantPosted 6 days ago
Saying thanks to proud citizen for picking up cigarette butts
On one of my frequent walks along the Pioneer Walkway here in Osoyoos, I recently observed a couple out for a walk.
My curiosity took me closer to them and eventually I saw him frequently picking up cigarette butts off the walkway and depositing the butts into a trash can.
I talked to the gentleman. His name is Mike (who I was told is a baker in town) and he stated it looks so unsightly in this beautiful town to see all these cigarette butts on the walkway.
I thanked him for his efforts in keeping a public area beautiful for all of us.
I urge local citizens to quit throwing cigarette butts on the ground and forcing good citizens to pick them up.