- School board appoints new principalsPosted 2 days ago
- For independent candidate Dr. Peter Entwistle, all politics is about healthPosted 3 days ago
- Recent rainfall breaking some daily recordsPosted 5 days ago
- Group proposes walk-in clinic at DO officesPosted 5 days ago
- Stuck in water at nightfall in lion country – Osoyoos Rotarians have wild adventures on visit to South African development projectPosted 5 days ago
- UPDATED: Three board members resign from South Okanagan Chamber of CommercePosted 5 days ago
- New 10-year lease gives Keremeos Grist Mill stabilityPosted 5 days ago
- Sun shines on 23rd Easter EggstravaganzaPosted 5 days ago
Saying thanks to proud citizen for picking up cigarette butts
On one of my frequent walks along the Pioneer Walkway here in Osoyoos, I recently observed a couple out for a walk.
My curiosity took me closer to them and eventually I saw him frequently picking up cigarette butts off the walkway and depositing the butts into a trash can.
I talked to the gentleman. His name is Mike (who I was told is a baker in town) and he stated it looks so unsightly in this beautiful town to see all these cigarette butts on the walkway.
I thanked him for his efforts in keeping a public area beautiful for all of us.
I urge local citizens to quit throwing cigarette butts on the ground and forcing good citizens to pick them up.