- Heat ends Coyotes’ season with impressive 3-1 victory to complete miraculous series comebackPosted 3 hours ago
- Larson takes dig at Ross for her children born out of B.C. as candidates read talking points at forumPosted 12 hours ago
- Chase ties game in final second, then beats Coyotes again in overtime, forcing fifth gamePosted 2 days ago
- After painful three-year wait, local man at last to get his hip operationPosted 3 days ago
- Larson floats Osoyoos-Oliver amalgamation at seniors’ candidate forum dominated by health issuesPosted 3 days ago
Saying thanks to proud citizen for picking up cigarette butts
On one of my frequent walks along the Pioneer Walkway here in Osoyoos, I recently observed a couple out for a walk.
My curiosity took me closer to them and eventually I saw him frequently picking up cigarette butts off the walkway and depositing the butts into a trash can.
I talked to the gentleman. His name is Mike (who I was told is a baker in town) and he stated it looks so unsightly in this beautiful town to see all these cigarette butts on the walkway.
I thanked him for his efforts in keeping a public area beautiful for all of us.
I urge local citizens to quit throwing cigarette butts on the ground and forcing good citizens to pick them up.