- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 3 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 3 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 3 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 3 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 3 days ago
- SOMHA Bantams have qualified to compete in provincial championship tournamentPosted 3 days ago
- Posse won’t go down without a fight in opening round series against CoyotesPosted 3 days ago
- Rogers will hold public meeting in Osoyoos over cellphone towerPosted 3 days ago
- Alberta horse owner/trainer brings huge stable of 60 horses to train at Desert ParkPosted 3 days ago
- Hockey Canada’s top brass visiting town this week to review acclaimed academyPosted 3 days ago
Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit Elementary
Shendah Benoit, currently vice principal at Osoyoos Elementary School (OSE), has been appointed as the new principal at Tuc El Nuit Elementary School.
Benoit replaces current principal Dave Foster, who was chosen on July 3 to fill a vacancy as principal at OSE. That vacancy resulted when Caroline Pennelli, the previous appointee to replace current principal Bo Macfarlane, announced her resignation from the school board.
Benoit has been with School District 53 for five years and has served as a teacher at Okanagan Falls Elementary School before moving to OSE.
The position of vice principal at OSE will be posted and will close in mid-August, the school district said in a news release issued Friday.
Foster has been with the school district for 10 years and was vice principal at Osoyoos Secondary School before taking the principal post at Tuc El Nuit about three years ago.
Glen Heinrichs recently stepped into Pennelli’s former role as principal at YouLearn.ca, the distance education arm of the school district.