- Recent terminations lead to mass resignations at popular Osoyoos resortPosted 3 days ago
- Mussel searches find contaminated boats, prompting calls for stronger inspection programPosted 3 days ago
- School board still hasn’t announced decision on provincial funding for OSSPosted 4 days ago
- New medicinal marijuana outlet shut down by town two days after openingPosted 1 week ago
- Community celebrates 37 years of OSS at ‘wake’ for school that isn’t deadPosted 1 week ago
- Future of OSS remains in limbo as board chair Tarr says trustees want more informationPosted 1 week ago
- Fleming hopes announcement will save OSS, but says government ‘in full panic mode’Posted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos school advocate Dorosz urges cautious reaction to government’s announcement of funds to keep OSS openPosted 1 week ago
- Province provides funding to keep OSS open, but will school board take it?Posted 1 week ago
- Clock ticking on independent school plans as OIS awaits decisions by othersPosted 1 week ago
Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit Elementary
Shendah Benoit, currently vice principal at Osoyoos Elementary School (OSE), has been appointed as the new principal at Tuc El Nuit Elementary School.
Benoit replaces current principal Dave Foster, who was chosen on July 3 to fill a vacancy as principal at OSE. That vacancy resulted when Caroline Pennelli, the previous appointee to replace current principal Bo Macfarlane, announced her resignation from the school board.
Benoit has been with School District 53 for five years and has served as a teacher at Okanagan Falls Elementary School before moving to OSE.
The position of vice principal at OSE will be posted and will close in mid-August, the school district said in a news release issued Friday.
Foster has been with the school district for 10 years and was vice principal at Osoyoos Secondary School before taking the principal post at Tuc El Nuit about three years ago.
Glen Heinrichs recently stepped into Pennelli’s former role as principal at YouLearn.ca, the distance education arm of the school district.