- Home Hardware murals will pay lasting tribute to town’s pioneersPosted 3 hours ago
- Larson to announce funding for Osoyoos Secondary SchoolPosted 12 hours ago
- Mariposa Gardens management asks for mediator to resolve pending strike actionPosted 14 hours ago
- VIDEO: Province reports on new efforts to keep invasive mussels out of B.C. waterwaysPosted 18 hours ago
- Larson acclaimed as B.C. Liberal candidate; outlines goals for OsoyoosPosted 1 day ago
- Recent terminations lead to mass resignations at popular Osoyoos resortPosted 1 week ago
- Mussel searches find contaminated boats, prompting calls for stronger inspection programPosted 1 week ago
- School board still hasn’t announced decision on provincial funding for OSSPosted 1 week ago
- New medicinal marijuana outlet shut down by town two days after openingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Community celebrates 37 years of OSS at ‘wake’ for school that isn’t deadPosted 2 weeks ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES