- New poll won’t change MLA Larson’s opposition to national parkPosted 3 days ago
- MLA Larson wants Osoyoos Desert Centre to be nominated as UNESCO World Heritage SitePosted 3 days ago
- Work set to begin on road resurfacing along Highway 97 from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 3 days ago
- New poll shows jump in support for national parkPosted 1 week ago
- Talks aim to save Home Building CentrePosted 1 week ago
- B.C.’s mussel program called a ‘good start,’ but OBWB still wants inspection stationsPosted 1 week ago
- Crime sees sharp rise in Osoyoos this year, but not as big as in other Okanagan communitiesPosted 1 week ago
- This year’s sockeye run could match 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Smuggling suspects arrested, 3 lbs. of cocaine seizedPosted 2 weeks ago
- OIB Chief Clarence Louie delivers blunt talk to Osoyoos RotariansPosted 2 weeks ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES