- Kidney transplant takes place a day before World Kidney DayPosted 6 days ago
- Desert Live Music Festival won’t run this yearPosted 6 days ago
- Silent during off-road meeting, environmentalists now speaking up about damage caused by ATVsPosted 6 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake level rising again with change of seasonPosted 6 days ago
- BCFGA shares its concerns after federal government approves controversial Arctic Apple for sale in CanadaPosted 6 days ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES