- Local chamber hands out hardware for 2014 business excellencePosted 2 days ago
- Kidney donation will help prolong life of local womanPosted 3 days ago
- Skiing returns to BaldyPosted 1 week ago
- Council takes step in possible airport closurePosted 1 week ago
- Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons latest break-in victimsPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos man and woman in custody after stolen property foundPosted 1 week ago
- Airport committee urges council to keep facility open and support expansion planPosted 1 week ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES