- Water shortages and conservation remain a hot topicPosted 3 days ago
- With or without Mt. Baldy, Osoyoos has great winter potential, says DO managerPosted 3 days ago
- Five-person ‘focus group’ picked by MLA to review input on national park futurePosted 3 days ago
- Cast and crew rave about three weeks spent in Osoyoos shooting TV moviePosted 1 week ago
- Public’s help sought to identify burglars at Dairy Queen, Campo MarinaPosted 1 week ago
- Refugee project launches fundraising campaignPosted 1 week ago
- Cash donations especially welcome as food bank gets ready to deliver annual Christmas hampersPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos pays tribute to veterans and fallen comradesPosted 1 week ago
- Town of Osoyoos is asked to be part of proposed Regional Heritage CommissionPosted 1 week ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES