- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 17 hours ago
- Keep Kobau in national park, groups tell provincePosted 17 hours ago
- Trustee hostility to opening of OSS in 1970s shows history repeating itselfPosted 17 hours ago
- Former trustee who worked tirelessly to get OSS built is heartbroken over closurePosted 17 hours ago
- Osoyoos Lake Appreciation Day brings together representatives, experts from throughout valleyPosted 17 hours ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 17 hours ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 17 hours ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES