- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 4 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 4 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 4 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 4 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 4 days ago
- SOMHA Bantams have qualified to compete in provincial championship tournamentPosted 4 days ago
- Posse won’t go down without a fight in opening round series against CoyotesPosted 4 days ago
- Rogers will hold public meeting in Osoyoos over cellphone towerPosted 4 days ago
- Alberta horse owner/trainer brings huge stable of 60 horses to train at Desert ParkPosted 4 days ago
- Hockey Canada’s top brass visiting town this week to review acclaimed academyPosted 4 days ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES