- Mount Baldy all ready for grand openingPosted 3 days ago
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society members excited about future of facilityPosted 3 days ago
- School board decides not to act on by-election rules omissionPosted 3 days ago
- School trustee candidate challenges board on election processPosted 1 week ago
- Syrian Refugee family leaving Osoyoos early in new yearPosted 1 week ago
- Christmas Lite-Up in Osoyoos ready to roll next weekendPosted 1 week ago
- Town council begins RFP process to bring Wibit inflatable water park to Legion BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Community Kitchen about sharing food, cooking skills and meeting new friendsPosted 1 week ago
- Five-game win streak has Coyotes back in first place in KIJHL divisionPosted 1 week ago
- Change ruffled feathers, ousted chamber head saysPosted 2 weeks ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES