- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 4 days ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 4 days ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 4 days ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 4 days ago
- Atamanenko urges feds to move faster on regulations to stop invasive musselsPosted 4 days ago
Street dance takes place Friday evening
The second Osoyoos Street Dance of the summer takes place Friday evening in the parking lot at the Osoyoos Seniors Centre.
The family oriented event runs from 7 to 10 p.m. It features recorded music and participants compete for prizes donated by local businesses,
Organizer Valorie Paolera, past president of the Osoyoos Seniors Association, said new music has been chosen for this week’s event.
“The dance is going to go on and we are going to do the best that we can,” said Paolera, adding that more volunteers are not needed as several have already stepped forward.
For 26 years, the Osoyoos Street Dances were organized by Frances and Larry Sologuk, owners of Osoyoos Home Hardware, and were held in the side street next to their store.
The seniors’ centre took over the event in 2013 and moved it to their parking lot after the Sologuks decided they could no longer continue doing it.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES