- Teachers’ strike finally resolvedPosted 19 hours ago
- Report raises questions about Desert Park’s futurePosted 7 days ago
- Officers for new jail soon to be hiredPosted 7 days ago
- Mount Baldy has plans for December opening, but local investor still neededPosted 7 days ago
- Education minister rejects BCTF’s call for binding arbitrationPosted 7 days ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.