- Bankruptcy could be used as tool to transfer Mount Baldy to new buyerPosted 3 hours ago
- Sockeye salmon recreational fishery opens Thursday, July 31Posted 1 day ago
- Federal Conservatives pick Neufeld, Liberals nominate DenesiukPosted 1 day ago
- Rain provided lull, but higher fire risk returningPosted 5 days ago
- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 7 days ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 7 days ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 7 days ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 2 weeks ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 2 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.