- Mount Baldy ski resort assets for sale in court-approved foreclosurePosted 1 day ago
- Wildfires burn to north and south; campfires bannedPosted 1 day ago
- Osoyoos council plans comprehensive bylaw to address RV parksPosted 1 day ago
- Sewer study to shape improvements over next two decadesPosted 1 day ago
- Recreational Sockeye fishery opening on Osoyoos Lake expected at end of monthPosted 1 week ago
- Highway 97 will soon get $3M facelift from Osoyoos to OliverPosted 1 week ago
- Third wildfire burning near Mount KobauPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos man believed to be drowned near RevelstokePosted 1 week ago
- Shendah Benoit to become principal at Tuc El Nuit ElementaryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Firefighters contain wildfire west of OsoyoosPosted 2 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.