- Osoyoos needs to be promoted as great place to live, not just visit, says councillorPosted 3 days ago
- New information sessions coming in March for those looking to find jobs at Okanagan Correctional CentrePosted 3 days ago
- Local MP, BCFGA speak out against genetically modified apples being approved for U.S. marketPosted 3 days ago
- Organizers of Easter Eggstravaganza say event will proceed, but 2015 parade will be cancelledPosted 3 days ago
- Rai leads Rattlers into Valley ChampionshipsPosted 3 days ago
- SOMHA Bantams have qualified to compete in provincial championship tournamentPosted 3 days ago
- Posse won’t go down without a fight in opening round series against CoyotesPosted 3 days ago
- Rogers will hold public meeting in Osoyoos over cellphone towerPosted 3 days ago
- Alberta horse owner/trainer brings huge stable of 60 horses to train at Desert ParkPosted 3 days ago
- Hockey Canada’s top brass visiting town this week to review acclaimed academyPosted 3 days ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.