- Shirtless, shoeless suspect flees before RCMP arrest him near downtown OsoyoosPosted 2 days ago
- Wells admits to ‘boneheaded mistake’ in removing signs from private property last summerPosted 2 days ago
- Candidate forum set for Oct. 29 at OSSPosted 3 days ago
- Greg Norton rejects conflict of interest claimPosted 3 days ago
- NDP calls for return to National Park talksPosted 3 days ago
- Federal NDP picks Dick Cannings as local candidatePosted 3 days ago
- Cougars again sighted in Osoyoos, one shot, public warnedPosted 3 days ago
- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 1 week ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 1 week ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 1 week ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.