- Town seeks developer for major subdivisionPosted 2 hours ago
- Committee insists closing airport in Osoyoos would be huge mistakePosted 11 hours ago
- RCMP steps up checks for impaired driversPosted 11 hours ago
- Tension boils at meeting in BridesvillePosted 1 week ago
- Feds finally introduce regulations to prevent mussel invasionPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos man is arrested and facing Internet luring and possessing child porn chargesPosted 1 week ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.