- Stu Wells withdraws mayoralty bid as Sue McKortoff seeks to fill his shoesPosted 5 days ago
- Officials unprepared when mussel-infested boat arrived at Osoyoos border crossingPosted 5 days ago
- MLA has received no complaints about park closurePosted 5 days ago
- Realtor and business owner Carol Youngberg plans to run for councilPosted 5 days ago
- Atamanenko urges feds to move faster on regulations to stop invasive musselsPosted 5 days ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.