- OES students tackle schoolyard dog poop problemPosted 4 days ago
- GMO foods dangerous, pervasive, former federal scientists tell forumPosted 4 days ago
- Former Stockwell Day assistant Neufeld will seek federal Conservative nominationPosted 4 days ago
- Christmas Lite-Up events feature Santa Parade and entertainmentPosted 4 days ago
- Vancouver pharmaceutical company applies for license to operate commercial medical pot facility in OsoyoosPosted 4 days ago
- School support staff prepared to walk picket lines starting Tuesday morningPosted 1 week ago
- Osoyoos stores open, close, move, change handsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Travel writer names Okanagan as world’s top wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Local leaders respond with caution to possible changes to modernize Agricultural Land CommissionPosted 2 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.