- Fire guts units at Sunshine CovePosted 2 days ago
- Museum board has no choice but to adopt 20-20 visionPosted 3 days ago
- Family of teen killed on Osoyoos Lake devastated over man’s ‘light sentence’Posted 3 days ago
- Larson’s UNESCO idea for Desert Centre more difficult than suggested at meetingPosted 3 days ago
- NDP critic takes aim at Larson, government over refusal to re-engage on national parkPosted 3 days ago
- Deal lets Home Building Centre stay and delays museum movePosted 1 week ago
- Citizens on Patrol urgently needs more volunteersPosted 1 week ago
- Critic of two-tier electricity rates angry and frustrated after conference call with ministerPosted 1 week ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.