- Osoyoos couple cuts power bills with solar panelsPosted 6 days ago
- OSS makes up for days lost to strikePosted 6 days ago
- Town takes quest for national park to B.C. municipal conferencePosted 6 days ago
- Okanagan representatives to meet with province about invasive mussel threatPosted 6 days ago
- Paddleboard business alleges harassment by competitorPosted 2 weeks ago
- Teachers’ strike finally resolvedPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos couple announces intentions to run in upcoming municipal electionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Osoyoos’ Pederson has no illusions of becoming mayor, but running anywayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ombudsperson office coming to Osoyoos to hear complaintsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Report raises questions about Desert Park’s futurePosted 3 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.