- Harness racing could return here next yearPosted 1 day ago
- Langley man facing serious weapons charges after guns found in OsoyoosPosted 1 day ago
- Dawn MacRae of Oliver is new Osoyoos IdolPosted 1 day ago
- Sockeye recreational quota increases to four and will run to after Labour DayPosted 1 day ago
- RCMP commander Sgt. Kevin Schur is moving on to Kelowna-based training jobPosted 1 day ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.