- Council explores closing airport to use land for industryPosted 13 hours ago
- B.C. Environment minister meets opposing groups on national parkPosted 13 hours ago
- McKortoff wins landslide becoming first female mayor in Osoyoos’ historyPosted 1 week ago
- Residents vote ‘yes’ to new fire hallPosted 1 week ago
- Provincial finance committee calls for new talks on national park in South OkanaganPosted 1 week ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.