- Salmon run faces catastrophe this yearPosted 2 days ago
- Sighs of relief as Teneycke capturedPosted 2 days ago
- Two female members of Delta family sent to hospital after collision on Osoyoos LakePosted 3 days ago
- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 1 week ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 1 week ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 1 week ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 1 week ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 1 week ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.