- Economic benefits of OCC will be felt in Oliver and entire South Okanagan for generations to comePosted 3 days ago
- Helping inmates acquire job and life skills during incarceration is prime focus, says OCC’s wardenPosted 3 days ago
- New fire hall almost ready to openPosted 6 days ago
- Tranquility Café owner apologizes to those he hurtPosted 6 days ago
- Tranquility Café owner David Taylor skips town leaving unpaid billsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Brenda Dorosz green lighted to seek NDP nominationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Trustee candidate Redenbach says he’ll be strong advocate for Osoyoos communityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oliver woman found dead after vehicle went down embankment identified as Beverly Anne LouiePosted 2 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.