- Kidney transplant takes place a day before World Kidney DayPosted 4 days ago
- Desert Live Music Festival won’t run this yearPosted 4 days ago
- Silent during off-road meeting, environmentalists now speaking up about damage caused by ATVsPosted 4 days ago
- Osoyoos Lake level rising again with change of seasonPosted 4 days ago
- BCFGA shares its concerns after federal government approves controversial Arctic Apple for sale in CanadaPosted 4 days ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.