- Independent school committee lowers financial ask from town, but need for facility still criticalPosted 22 hours ago
- SD 53 trustees took $14,000 junket just days after voting to close OSSPosted 5 days ago
- First Osoyoos cherries of the year on sale FridayPosted 5 days ago
- Independent school in hands of town – referendum is possiblePosted 7 days ago
- Province response expected soon on national park, but including Mt. Kobau in park definitely ruled outPosted 7 days ago
- Independent school partnership with Good Shepherd moving forwardPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bernier met SD 53 behind closed doors day after December decision on OSSPosted 2 weeks ago
- Partnership with Good Shepherd considered for independent schoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- SD 53 didn’t follow its own school closure policy, court petition allegesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town not impressed as Bernier suggests Osoyoos should take its concerns up with school boardPosted 2 weeks ago
STREET NAME MADNESS
Moved to Oliver 30 years ago and in that time my street address is changing to its third address. Would be interesting to know who the “moron” is that came up with this costly idea. Monies are very much needed to build our secondary school, which should at the moment be very much the number one agenda!
When the last mayor and council were elected, there was no mention of changing street numbers to names. Post Office is not interested, if the street addresses are numbers or names.
Changing street addresses will be a nightmare for the Fire Dept. volunteers, police and paramedic. Don’t forget taxi drivers.