- Heat ends Coyotes’ season with impressive 3-1 victory to complete miraculous series comebackPosted 19 hours ago
- Larson takes dig at Ross for her children born out of B.C. as candidates read talking points at forumPosted 1 day ago
- Chase ties game in final second, then beats Coyotes again in overtime, forcing fifth gamePosted 3 days ago
- After painful three-year wait, local man at last to get his hip operationPosted 3 days ago
- Larson floats Osoyoos-Oliver amalgamation at seniors’ candidate forum dominated by health issuesPosted 4 days ago
Sunny weekend highlights art, gardens at annual Art in the Garden event
It was a sunny weekend that showed off the vibrant colours of artworks and gardens — just the weekend for the annual Art in the Garden.
On Saturday and Sunday, local artists invited visitors into their gardens, homes and studios to see an eclectic mix of works from painting to pottery to mosaics to photography.
There were two gardens in Osoyoos at the homes of Sharon Leonard and Katie Foster, both of which showed the work of multiple artists. In Keremeos, four artists showed their work at the garden and home of Bonny Roberts, who recently had a solo show at Osoyoos Art Gallery. New this year was the participation of Forbidden Fruit Winery near Cawston, which showed the works of several artists.
In all, 15 artists participated, although not all were present at the showings. This was the fourth year the event has run, giving exposure to some of the top local artists.
(Photos by Richard McGuire)