- Salmon run faces catastrophe this yearPosted 5 days ago
- Sighs of relief as Teneycke capturedPosted 5 days ago
- Two female members of Delta family sent to hospital after collision on Osoyoos LakePosted 6 days ago
- RCMP get their man – Teneycke in custody after harrowing chasePosted 2 weeks ago
- RCMP continue search for prolific offender after man shot near OliverPosted 2 weeks ago
- Province left feds dangling 11 months after secretly killing parkPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lightning strikes cause new wildfires to break out across regionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parks Canada worried sensitive lands could be developedPosted 2 weeks ago
Sunny weekend highlights art, gardens at annual Art in the Garden event
It was a sunny weekend that showed off the vibrant colours of artworks and gardens — just the weekend for the annual Art in the Garden.
On Saturday and Sunday, local artists invited visitors into their gardens, homes and studios to see an eclectic mix of works from painting to pottery to mosaics to photography.
There were two gardens in Osoyoos at the homes of Sharon Leonard and Katie Foster, both of which showed the work of multiple artists. In Keremeos, four artists showed their work at the garden and home of Bonny Roberts, who recently had a solo show at Osoyoos Art Gallery. New this year was the participation of Forbidden Fruit Winery near Cawston, which showed the works of several artists.
In all, 15 artists participated, although not all were present at the showings. This was the fourth year the event has run, giving exposure to some of the top local artists.
(Photos by Richard McGuire)