- Skiing returns to BaldyPosted 7 days ago
- Council takes step in possible airport closurePosted 7 days ago
- Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons latest break-in victimsPosted 7 days ago
- Osoyoos man and woman in custody after stolen property foundPosted 7 days ago
- Airport committee urges council to keep facility open and support expansion planPosted 7 days ago
Sunny weekend highlights art, gardens at annual Art in the Garden event
It was a sunny weekend that showed off the vibrant colours of artworks and gardens — just the weekend for the annual Art in the Garden.
On Saturday and Sunday, local artists invited visitors into their gardens, homes and studios to see an eclectic mix of works from painting to pottery to mosaics to photography.
There were two gardens in Osoyoos at the homes of Sharon Leonard and Katie Foster, both of which showed the work of multiple artists. In Keremeos, four artists showed their work at the garden and home of Bonny Roberts, who recently had a solo show at Osoyoos Art Gallery. New this year was the participation of Forbidden Fruit Winery near Cawston, which showed the works of several artists.
In all, 15 artists participated, although not all were present at the showings. This was the fourth year the event has run, giving exposure to some of the top local artists.
(Photos by Richard McGuire)