- Ranching trumps tourism, says MLAPosted 13 hours ago
- Food bank, church ready to feed hungry at ChristmasPosted 13 hours ago
- OES students help build school in UgandaPosted 13 hours ago
- Police dog assists in $120,000 drug seizurePosted 13 hours ago
- Town council approves $15,000 in funding for Osoyoos’ new summer music festivalPosted 13 hours ago
Suspect throws rocks through windows at two Osoyoos homes
Someone threw rocks through windows at two Osoyoos homes early Saturday morning.
Osoyoos RCMP said a resident on the 6400 block of Maple Drive called police at 3:42 a.m. to report that the person had just thrown rocks through the windows and also damaged a parked car.
A male suspect was seen running away toward Jackpine Lane. He was wearing a hooded sweat shirt with light and dark horizontal stripes, police said.
Around 3 a.m. in a separate incident, a resident on the 8500 block of 74th Avenue called police to report rocks thrown through front and back windows of the house.
“These two incidents are undoubtedly connected,” Osoyoos RCMP said in a news release.
SUV stolen during night
Police are searching for an SUV that was stolen overnight last week from Desert Mirage.
The sports utility vehicle is described as a white 2002 Ford Explorer, with B.C. license 740-WWA. It was found to be missing when a resident woke the morning of Oct. 2, Osoyoos RCMP said.
The SUV had been parked unlocked in the vacant area at the front of the complex and may have had the keys in it, RCMP said.
Police invite public tips
Anyone with information on these or other crimes is asked to call Osoyoos RCMP at 250-495-7236 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
All information provided will remain anonymous.
SPECIAL TO THE TIMES